Please Help me with this crazy network question

Linus:  I have been set up with Suddenlink Cable internet and Television, and now there have been robberies in my garage and i am wanting to put  Wireless CCTV in the garage

and now i need to place the CCTV dvr in a spot where I Have Coax connected to a Vizio D50-G9 50 Inch Smart TV.  How can I hook the Security System to the internet and the Tv so that I can see the images on my Phone and on the TV.  I do not have access to the Modem or the Router. All I have is a Coax Cable.

The Security System I have purchased is a Heim Vision (HM-241)

Please Help there must be someway to make this work.

Longtime fan and Love all you guys.

Robert Emerson from Hinton West Virginia

Edited by Bobbie25951
forgot one piece of information

vga to the TV ---> image on TV
network cable from modem/swotch to DVR -----> image on phone or any device

through the coax cable connected to the outside of my house

5 minutes ago, Bobbie25951 said:

through the coax cable connected to the outside of my house

OK... But how do you get internet on your computers and/or mobile devices?

After the coaxial cable connects to the outside of your house, where does it go thereafter?

cable enters house through a crack  in 250 year old stone.

4 way splitter which is connected to my office which is like next door

cable from there goes to my Vizio 50 inch tv which I use for work

this gives me wireless for the computer and television for here in the office

Bob: I am not able to run lan cable to the office as the crack in the stone is too small to add the cat-5 cable

12 minutes ago, Bobbie25951 said:

...this gives me wireless for the computer and television for here in the office

Whatever unit is providing you with the “wireless” is what you need to connect your camera system to using ethernet.

Okay this may help this is a diagram of the layout I have to work with

router set up.jpg

I am planning to set up a router modem in my office which is next door to my house

I am thinking that this is the only way to solve my issue

-= Topics Merged =-

Multiple topics on the same subject is not allowed.

Also please use the quote function so other members are alerted that you have replied to them.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You'll need to get a network camera and DVR system that connects to your modem in some way. Most of the prebuilt systems have a DVR unit that handles the camera feeds and then you just need Ethernet back to your modem. Some of them have cloud access that you can use to monitor from your phone or laptop. I would recommend one of these as the alternative to being able to access this outside of the network is to set up a VPN and that's going to cost more in supporting equipment and headaches if you just have a basic setup right now. As far as hooking it to a TV you can either use the output video on the back of the DVR or consider using a computer / Pi to connect to a TV and stream it that way unless you want to start getting into network video encoding.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bobbie25951 said:

router set up.jpg

In your OP, you mentioned that you didn't have access to the modem or router, but in this diagram, I see there is a "modem" in your house. I assume your ISP is providing you with cable internet and cable TV; just using a single cable to do the job. If this is so, then your internet signal is being distributed at your "modem" and that is where you need to hook up your security camera system's DVR. Or, if you prefer to have the DVR in your office where the TV is located, simply run an ethernet cable from 'HOME' to 'OFFICE' linking the modem/router to the DVR.

If there is some distance between 'HOME' and 'OFFICE', you should consider burying the cable in some PVC piping. How far are the 2 apart?

There is a wireless alternative to this called a "point-to-point" (PtP) link, but equipment for this is going to cost more than a simple ethernet cable link.

I cannot get a lan cable to the modem into the house over to the office as there is no way to fit a lan  cable through the crack in 250 year old stone foundation. my connections are all on the outside. so the only connection i have is the rg58 cable to the office and that is where i need the DVR to be. 

1 hour ago, Bobbie25951 said:

I cannot get a lan cable to the modem into the house over to the office as there is no way to fit a lan  cable through the crack in 250 year old stone foundation. my connections are all on the outside. so the only connection i have is the rg58 cable to the office and that is where i need the DVR to be. 

OK. And drilling a hole in the wall isn't possible either?

There's ethernet over coaxial which might work in your situation. However, I have never used it and can't guarantee that it will work for this layout of coaxial cabling.