need some help with final partlist.

I have made a few post on here about my build so far. throughout all  the topics i've changed a few parts.

I know about the qvl of the mobo and have checked the lists but I still have some trouble with figuring out if everything is compatible with eachother.

I have also tried looking up builds with 2 specific parts that I have in my list like, the mobo and the psu and see if I could find out that way.

but that is also quite difficult.

can somebody please check my list and confirm that everything will work because the compatibility part is the only thing that is holding me back from ordering everything.

thanks so much in advance :).

Im also buying thermal paste, should I buy 1 or 2 tubes ?

part list: 

Yes it's compatible.

However, I feel the majority of people here would strongly recommend a 3700x over a 9700k, swap out the 970 Evo for a better, cheaper NVME (660p, SX8200 Pro, etc), I'd recommend a 5700XT over a 2070S, and I feel you can get a RMx PSU for cheaper than that semi modular one. As well you can probably do that, along with 3600Mhz ram, and get a 1440p panel.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

12 minutes ago, Statik said:

Yes it's compatible.

However, I feel the majority of people here would strongly recommend a 3700x over a 9700k, swap out the 970 Evo for a better, cheaper NVME (660p, SX8200 Pro, etc), I'd recommend a 5700XT over a 2070S, and I feel you can get a RMx PSU for cheaper than that semi modular one. As well you can probably do that, along with 3600Mhz ram, and get a 1440p panel.

I wholeheartedly agree. The parts of your build are compatible,  so if that's your only concern: you are good to go!

However, I too would recommend a 3700X build instead. Definitely save some money on the SSD and get a fully modular PSU for the price, although the one you chose is a solid one.

Here's a build just to show you what else could be done with that budget.

Edit: don't quote me on that monitor, there might be better 1440p high refresh rate monitors ❤️

3 hours ago, ShinRamen said:

I wholeheartedly agree. The parts of your build are compatible,  so if that's your only concern: you are good to go!

However, I too would recommend a 3700X build instead. Definitely save some money on the SSD and get a fully modular PSU for the price, although the one you chose is a solid one.

Here's a build just to show you what else could be done with that budget.

Edit: don't quote me on that monitor, there might be better 1440p high refresh rate monitors ❤️

thx so much for the confirmation :)

sorry but I personally just like intel and nvidea more , I know it may sound weird because its more expensive.

but the powersuply is only 550w doesn't seem that a little low for list I had? or is it based on the list you send?

or should I just choose a 650w version of it. could I maybe use this one instead?

(Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply)

thx for the help again :)

3 hours ago, Statik said:

Yes it's compatible.

thx for letting me know everything will work :D 

about the 3700x.... I personally just like intel more even do its more expensive, I know it may sound weird 😅

3 hours ago, b3rry. said:

thx so much for the confirmation :)

sorry but I personally just like intel and nvidea more , I know it may sound weird because its more expensive.

but the powersuply is only 550w doesn't seem that a little low for list I had? or is it based on the list you send?

or should I just choose a 650w version of it. could I maybe use this one instead?

(Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply)

thx for the help again :)

550W is enough for both your list and the list I suggested, but sure you can go for the 650W version as well. 

It's not just that it's more expensive. You pay more money for overall less performance, less efficiency, older technology and miss out on features like PCIe 4.0 - might not be too relevant today, but for future upgrades surely something that should be considered. It's your money though, if you want Intel, then go for Intel. 

9 hours ago, ShinRamen said:

550W is enough for both your list and the list I suggested, but sure you can go for the 650W version as well. 

It's not just that it's more expensive. You pay more money for overall less performance, less efficiency, older technology and miss out on features like PCIe 4.0 - might not be too relevant today, but for future upgrades surely something that should be considered. It's your money though, if you want Intel, then go for Intel. 

oh ok I see, well thanks so much for the info it really helped me out :D

On 3/21/2020 at 5:55 PM, b3rry. said:

thx for letting me know everything will work :D 

about the 3700x.... I personally just like intel more even do its more expensive, I know it may sound weird 😅

It's not that it's more expensive, it's that it's significantly worse, for more.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro