question for web developers.

mrchow19910319
Go to solution Solved by riklaunim,
6 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I just thought work on a 1080p monitor is better... Idk.

As mentioned browsers have (Firefox Developer Edition) scalers built in or available as addons. You can set any size to the window and see how the site looks. It's essential when styling responsive behavior for tablet/phone and alike. 1440p display should have no effect on your ability to see how the site looks at 1080p.

if you are using a non-1080p monitor, what software/plug in do you use for keeping your browser resolution at 1920x1080??? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

you can change the zoom in your browser settings or just increase the scale factor of your display

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

you can change the zoom in your browser settings or just increase the scale factor of your display

what you mean??

if let's say that my browser is at 150% and my display scale is at 150% @ 1440 p

so my browser is actually at 1080p?? 

9 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

what you mean??

if let's say that my browser is at 150% and my display scale is at 150% @ 1440 p

so my browser is actually at 1080p?? 

Maybe not exactly as it would be at 1080p but close enough. Is there a specific reason you want to do this other than just reading the text more comfortably?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Maybe not exactly as it would be at 1080p but close enough. Is there a specific reason you want to do this other than just reading the text more comfortably?

I always thought that I have to make my browser window 1080p whenever I am doing web development so that I can mimic its view in 1080p.... 

Is this not necessary
??

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

I always thought that I have to make my browser window 1080p whenever I am doing web development so that I can mimic its view in 1080p.... 

Is this not necessary
??

what? why? it's a good idea to try your website on different window sizes to make sure it scales correctly but other than that you can develop on whatever screen you want. a well made website should scale well at any resolution.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

what? why? it's a good idea to try your website on different window sizes to make sure it scales correctly but other than that you can develop on whatever screen you want. a well made website should scale well at any resolution.

i see.. I am afraid that if I develop my site on 1440p screen it will look funny on a 1080p one... 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

i see.. I am afraid that if I develop my site on 1440p screen it will look funny on a 1080p one... 

It shouldn't if you follow good practices. Regardless, if you developed at 1080p wouldn't you be afraid that it wouldn't look good on 1440p or 4k monitors by that logic...?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It shouldn't if you follow good practices. Regardless, if you developed at 1080p wouldn't you be afraid that it wouldn't look good on 1440p or 4k monitors by that logic...?

I thought since most people uses 1080p displays.... others... well. I dont care that much. LOL

and the funny part is most of my mock ups DO follow bootstrap / other 's responsive guide... so they are all responsive.

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

if you are using a non-1080p monitor, what software/plug in do you use for keeping your browser resolution at 1920x1080??? 

Chrome's developer tools lets one adjust the viewport resolution.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

6 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

As mentioned browsers have (Firefox Developer Edition) scalers built in or available as addons. You can set any size to the window and see how the site looks. It's essential when styling responsive behavior for tablet/phone and alike. 1440p display should have no effect on your ability to see how the site looks at 1080p.

10 hours ago, riklaunim said:

thanks, cant believe I let this bothered me for so long.