Screen flickering AMD 5700 XT

Hi, I've been having trouble recently with what I suspect is my graphics card. When watching youtube videos (no matter the browser) my screen flickers. It happens for less than a second but it occurs often enough to be noticeable. Also, when I leave my computer for a few minutes the monitor goes to sleep even though I have it set to not go to sleep for one hour. I've restarted multiple times with no success so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

3 hours ago, superdeeduper said:

Hi, I've been having trouble recently with what I suspect is my graphics card. When watching youtube videos (no matter the browser) my screen flickers. It happens for less than a second but it occurs often enough to be noticeable. Also, when I leave my computer for a few minutes the monitor goes to sleep even though I have it set to not go to sleep for one hour. I've restarted multiple times with no success so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

What drivers do you have and what monitor do you have and what display signal are you using ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I have the latest drivers (20.3.1) with a ViewSonic 144Hz 24 inch monitor, and I'm using displayport.

9 hours ago, superdeeduper said:

I have the latest drivers (20.3.1) with a ViewSonic 144Hz 24 inch monitor, and I'm using displayport.

This is very unlikely but try to change the port, my friend had this kind of issue and he changed his display signal port and everything went back to normal granted it was HDMI 2.0 but it could fix it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Ok I haven't noticed any flickering any more but for some reason my computer keeps resetting the screen turn off setting from "Never" to "15 minutes". Could this be a problem with the CMOS battery?

1 hour ago, superdeeduper said:

Ok I haven't noticed any flickering any more but for some reason my computer keeps resetting the screen turn off setting from "Never" to "15 minutes". Could this be a problem with the CMOS battery?

You mean in your Windows power profile? That isn't affected by hardware.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I understand but it felt related. Good to know its not the gpu but I'm at a loss as to what's wrong.

It could be that your power supply is not providing stable performance, what model is it?

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

It's an EVGA 650 GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W Modular EVGA ECO Mode Power Supply from Newegg. I just bought it last Halloween so it's not that old.

Which 5700XT do you have?

I would recommend going to the manufacturer's website and checking for a vBIOS update, followed by a clean driver install.

That should fix your issues.

I did this for my ASUS ROG STRIX model, and I haven't had any of the known driver issues since.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

• 3 weeks later...

mines even flickering and crashing in bios.had an evga 650 bq was told that was the problem so got a 850 gq and still crashing. i havnt played a game since ive had this thing