Can I crowd source this? Looking to buy a pre-built PC today! Help Please

Hi LTT Forum聽I am planning to buy a prebuilt gaming PC under $1000. The help is I want to do this today and haven't really been up on specs since 2007. Given the rapidly evolving life situation right now a prebuilt seems smart. Building my own and getting support if pieces don't work. (Almost every machine I built in the early 2000s had one or two) Between Micro Center and BestBuy in the Denver Area which prebuilt PC would you recommend?

1 minute ago, DenverGamer said:

I鈥檓 not a super fan of intel CPUs these days personally.聽 The 9700 has the right amount of cores at least. Threads not so much, but the cpu should be able to keep up with a ps5. 聽 With prebuilts though it鈥檚 real possible intel is all that will be available.

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I鈥檓 not a super fan of intel CPUs these days personally.聽 The 9700 has the right amount of cores at least. Threads not so much, but the cpu should be able to keep up with a ps5. 聽 With prebuilts though it鈥檚 real possible intel is all that will be available.

What about Intels CPUs do you not like? Is it just the threading problem?

3 minutes ago, DenverGamer said:

What about Intels CPUs do you not like? Is it just the threading problem?

They鈥檙e expensive for what they are, and they鈥檝e had a bunch of security things come up lately. 聽They tend to have better single thread performance core for cor and thread for thread, but the pricing is way out. 聽A 3600 is 6/12 unlocked. An 8700k is also 6/12 unlocked. 聽The 8700k is faster than the 3600, but it鈥檚 muuuuch more expensive. 聽A 9700 isn鈥檛 even a 3700. 聽It鈥檚 like a locked 3650 or something (AMD doesn鈥檛 even sell an equivalent afaik). It鈥檚 got higher single thread than a 3700, but a 3700 is 8/16 not 8/8 so it compares more with the 9900k

Not a pro, not even very good. 聽I鈥檓 just old and have time currently. 聽Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

They鈥檙e expensive for what they are, and they鈥檝e had a bunch of security things come up lately. 聽They tend to have better single thread performance core for cor and thread for thread, but the pricing is way out. 聽A 3600 is 6/12 unlocked. An 8700k is also 6/12 unlocked. 聽The 8700k is faster than the 3600, but it鈥檚 muuuuch more expensive. 聽A 9700 isn鈥檛 even a 3700. 聽It鈥檚 like a locked 3650 or something (AMD doesn鈥檛 even sell an equivalent afaik). It鈥檚 got higher single thread than a 3700, but a 3700 is 8/16 not 8/8 so it compares more with the 9900k

In that case what do you think of this machine?聽https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-3600-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-black/6360136.p?skuId=6360136#tabbed-customerreviews

3 minutes ago, DenverGamer said:

I might be wrong but I think there are actually video reviews of that one. Might do to take a look.

The traditional thing to be Leary of with prebuilts is PSU capacity. 聽The PSU doesn鈥檛 seem to be mentioned at all in the ad. 聽Also a bit curious about the SSD.

聽It will have the equivalent of a slow as dirt effectively non overclockable 8700k. 聽The 3600 is 6/12 whereas the 9700 is 8/8. 聽The PS5 is apparently also 8/8 while the xbox1seriesx is 8/16 (except more like 7/14 I am given to understand)