Wrong Msi Afterburner CPU clock reading

I have the latest version 4.6.2 i just install it. had the 4.5.0 but no, msi afterburner will read the stock cpu clock mhz. i have i5 8400

read1.jpg

5 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Help to reinstall AB?

Nope still 3811mhz. I saw someone on yt he oc his i5 8400 with bclk same with me and msi ab was reporting the correct mhz.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, therion13 said:

Nope still 3811mhz. I saw someone on yt he oc his i5 8400 with bclk same with me and msi ab was reporting the correct mhz.

Does it show same numbers in main software too? As you are now looking at RivaTuners view on things. So if Afterburner main window is correct, its RivaTuner not updating correctly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Does it show same numbers in main software too? As you are now looking at RivaTuners view on things. So if Afterburner main window is correct, its RivaTuner not updating correctly.

Are you talking about the graph on msi afterburner?

graph.png.6870eb02d59229b7357fd8724883b6f6.png

I don't get. this one also report 3811mhz. 

With hardwareINFO when i add OSD this one show the correct mhz. but i like to use msi afterburner only cause i also play with same oc

18 minutes ago, therion13 said:

Are you talking about the graph on msi afterburner?

graph.png.6870eb02d59229b7357fd8724883b6f6.png

I don't get. this one also report 3811mhz. 

With hardwareINFO when i add OSD this one show the correct mhz. but i like to use msi afterburner only cause i also play with same oc

The bug might not be fixed very fast. Or you may need to go couple versions back etc. So unless you absolutely need to see what clocks you are getting all the time, just ignore it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

The bug might not be fixed very fast. Or you may need to go couple versions back etc. So unless you absolutely need to see what clocks you are getting all the time, just ignore it.

Yes ofc i will just ignore but it's that why it is happening when someone elso on yt had it correct. Anyway thanks for your time

4 minutes ago, therion13 said:

Yes ofc i will just ignore but it's that why it is happening when someone elso on yt had it correct. Anyway thanks for your time

You could ask what version of Afterburner they are running. But as these things could be sum of things, like mobo/BIOS and Windows version.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv