Unknown devices

Hector the Dragon

Hi, 

So, I found some unknown devices in 'view network computers and devices'. How do I remove them? I do not see any options.

I'm a noob. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Hector the Dragon said:

Hi, 

So, I found some unknown devices in 'view network computers and devices'. How do I remove them? I do not see any options.

I'm a noob. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think so. those are just devices that your computer sees and to taken them off list theyd have to be taken off network.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

You would have to identify what these devices are and decide if you want to disconnect them from the network. Windows just sees them and is letting you know the device is there. I don't believe you can remove the listing from the computer without turning off the device responsible.

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

You would have to identify what these devices are and decide if you want to disconnect them from the network. Windows just sees them and is letting you know the device is there. I don't believe you can remove the listing from the computer without turning off the device responsible.

I mean...I don't have them. There is not even an option to remove them. They are just there. Does this mean someone else is using my wi-fi?

4 hours ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

I don't think so. those are just devices that your computer sees and to taken them off list theyd have to be taken off network.

They are not connected to my computer, right?

10 minutes ago, Hector the Dragon said:

I mean...I don't have them. There is not even an option to remove them. They are just there. Does this mean someone else is using my wi-fi?

Usually unknown devices can be safely ignored but I can't tell you that nobody else is using your Wi-Fi. An unknown device on the network could be your cell phone, could be a Amazon firestick, could be just about any IoT device. It's just something on the network Windows doesn't recognize.

You could go into your router and see what devices are currently connected. Whatever devices aren't your PC are probably the devices your PC is picking up.

14 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Usually unknown devices can be safely ignored but I can't tell you that nobody else is using your Wi-Fi. An unknown device on the network could be your cell phone, could be a Amazon firestick, could be just about any IoT device. It's just something on the network Windows doesn't recognize.

You could go into your router and see what devices are currently connected. Whatever devices aren't your PC are probably the devices your PC is picking up.

Since yesterday I haven't been able to open my router configuration page. I don't know what's wrong with it.

if you can find the MAC address you can good the first octet and find manufacturer which might tell you what hte device is

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

19 minutes ago, Hector the Dragon said:

Since yesterday I haven't been able to open my router configuration page. I don't know what's wrong with it.

What error do you get when you try?

You can access your ISP settings to kick off any unknown devices based on IP address and block them permanently. What provider do you have? You should have an app or in your account be able to access that.

7 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

What error do you get when you try?

It doesn't load at all. 

Screenshot (10).png

8 hours ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

if you can find the MAC address you can good the first octet and find manufacturer which might tell you what hte device is

hte?