Is Screen Tearing a necessary problem If I use a 60hz Monitor with a GPU that can get 60+ FPS?

Hellfire_Helix

I've seen a lot of guys using 60hz monitors with Powerful GPUS, again Is Screen tearing a necessary issue If I don't turn on V-Sync?

i never really noticed screen tearing. unless you know what to look for really. its in things like explosions and fast paced sections of games that it noticeable. though vsync will add some input lag. and it does not always solve the problem. you looking at a software solution to a hardware condition  

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 hour ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

I've seen a lot of guys using 60hz monitors with Powerful GPUS, again Is Screen tearing a necessary issue If I don't turn on V-Sync?

I've never really noticed it, or at least not enough to actually bother me. Im using a rx 5700 with a 60hz monitor.

There are others who go ape sh!t if they see it. Depends on your tolerance, I guess.

1 hour ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Enable AMD Enhanced Sync or Nvidia Fast Sync in their respective control (leaving V-Sync off in game), depending on what you have. Honestly I've never noticed any latency with V-Sync on so I'm fine with it, but that is a faster work around.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

You will have tearing if frames and refresh rate are not synchronized. V-sync introduces input lag and it's not optimal. So a monitor with variable refresh rate is the solution. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

You will have tearing if frames and refresh rate are not synchronized. V-sync introduces input lag and it's not optimal. So a monitor with variable refresh rate is the solution. 

The alternatives I mentioned solve the problem as well.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440