Corsair K55 Backlight issues

AntonChigurh
I've been having issues with my K55 RGB. The lights on it are half working. Whenever I plug the keyboard into a different USB port or restart my PC, the lights will turn back on for a while, but then they just shut off and refuse to work again. I don't know how this could have happened, but I suspect it might be because the keyboard was not used for about 5 months straight and there may be damage to it from when I wasn't using it. Any help is appreciated.

also btw everything else on the keyboard works fine besides the backlights. I can still type and whatnot.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

6 hours ago, KeyzHostHD said:

are you sure neither you or anyone else has messed with power options in windows?

if your not sure i would reset them to the default options

yes, i'm sure

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540