Keyboard reccomendation

Inkz

Since my laptop keyboard is having issues with key not sticking on, I might need to get a separate keyboard. I am saving up to get a desktop, but maybe waiting for Nvidia 3000 series for GPUs. Anyways I prefer keyboards with num pads, but right now if I also keep my laptop on my desk (still has a 1070 so still enough for games) there is basically no room, so I might have to go 10 keyless. I actually love the keyboard on my alienware 17 r4, I am not sure if I should try to find a keyboard with similar switches or not. I used to have an old Azio keyboard I got from a friend  I think this one https://www.amazon.com/Azio-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-MGK1-K/dp/B010M53SLU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1535504222&sr=8-8&keywords=azio+keyboards and it was ok, but for some reason my pinky finger found it extremely tiring to hit the left ctrl key, it felt so far away and at an awkward angle and I don't have particularly small hands either. I will be using for both gaming and typing, but mostly gaming. I can't have it feel fatiguing like that one. My budget would be $60 or less roughly, but if there is a super compelling one with RGB or something a little higher I could stretch. 

7 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Since my laptop keyboard is having issues with key not sticking on, I might need to get a separate keyboard. I am saving up to get a desktop, but maybe waiting for Nvidia 3000 series for GPUs. Anyways I prefer keyboards with num pads, but right now if I also keep my laptop on my desk (still has a 1070 so still enough for games) there is basically no room, so I might have to go 10 keyless. I actually love the keyboard on my alienware 17 r4, I am not sure if I should try to find a keyboard with similar switches or not. I used to have an old Azio keyboard I got from a friend  I think this one https://www.amazon.com/Azio-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-MGK1-K/dp/B010M53SLU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1535504222&sr=8-8&keywords=azio+keyboards and it was ok, but for some reason my pinky finger found it extremely tiring to hit the left ctrl key, it felt so far away and at an awkward angle and I don't have particularly small hands either. I will be using for both gaming and typing, but mostly gaming. I can't have it feel fatiguing like that one. My budget would be $60 or less roughly, but if there is a super compelling one with RGB or something a little higher I could stretch. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4D4PRW/ref=dp_cerb_3?th=1

Grab this one while it's on sale. If not, look up redragon boards.

10 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4D4PRW/ref=dp_cerb_3?th=1

Grab this one while it's on sale. If not, look up redragon boards.

looks nice, by chance do you know if I would have the same fatigue issues like on the azio keyboard I linked? Also how would it compare to a corsair? I just always liked how they looked but I am willing to go with any brand.

10 minutes ago, Inkz said:

looks nice, by chance do you know if I would have the same fatigue issues like on the azio keyboard I linked? Also how would it compare to a corsair? I just always liked how they looked but I am willing to go with any brand.

Don't buy corsair. Shit keycaps, mediocre build quality and their software is just bad imho, bit better than Logitech though. The Azio keyboard use blue switches, they are tactile and clicky, the one I linked has red switches, they are linear light switches unlike the blues witch are heavier.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Don't buy corsair. Shit keycaps, mediocre build quality and their software is just bad, bit better than Logitech though. The Azio keyboard use blue switches, they are tactile and clicky, the one I linked has red switches, they are linear light switches unlike the blues witch are heavier.

ah, well the one I linked had that but I think maybe the one I actually had used like off brand browns. Like I had no problems for rest of keyboard besides stretching because the key shapes were kind of vertical and stretched and I play a lot of Overwatch that sometimes I need crouch spamming for. I promise not for teabagging but for like headshot dancing lol

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Don't buy corsair. Shit keycaps, mediocre build quality and their software is just bad, bit better than Logitech though. The Azio keyboard use blue switches, they are tactile and clicky, the one I linked has red switches, they are linear light switches unlike the blues witch are heavier.

When's the last time you ran iCUE? I've had little issue with it lately, even 1-2 years ago most of my issues came from Aura fucking with it, but iCUE is now compatible with Aura stuff so you wouldn't run into that issue either. 

As for the keebs themselves, only one I've had die on me was from a bad USB add-in card toasting it, not a failure of the keyboard or keycaps in any way. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

When's the last time you ran iCUE? I've had little issue with it lately, even 1-2 years ago most of my issues came from Aura fucking with it, but iCUE is now compatible with Aura stuff so you wouldn't run into that issue either. 

As for the keebs themselves, only one I've had die on me was from a bad USB add-in card toasting it, not a failure of the keyboard or keycaps in any way. 

I have corsair mouse, I'm using icue. IMHO it's bad, some people might like it.

Keycaps don't fail, they just start to shine and if you want to change them your options are highly limited due to non standard bottom row. When talking about build quality I mostly mean that they flex quite a bit due to their construction, K95 for example is 200 dollars board that at best costs 60 bucks to make, nice, isn't it?

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

I have corsair mouse, I'm using icue. IMHO it's bad, some people might like it.

Ah yeah, that's subjective lol. 

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Keycaps don't "fail", they just start to shine and if you want to change them your options are highly limited due to non standard bottom row.

I've had my main one (K70 Lux RGB) for a while now, almost 2 years I think? Haven't had any issues like that with the keycaps. Tbf I've never looked into how getting replacements would be so I didn't know about any funkiness with the bottom row. 

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

When talking about build quality I mostly mean that they flex quite a bit due to their construction, K95 for example is 200 dollars board that at best costs 60 bucks to make, nice, isn't it?

Are you using it as a skateboard or is the K95 built wack? My K70 Lux, K70 Rapidfire, and K55 haven't been bendy at all ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I've had my main one (K70 Lux RGB) for a while now, almost 2 years I think? Haven't had any issues like that with the keycaps. Tbf I've never looked into how getting replacements would be so I didn't know about any funkiness with the bottom row. 

Must be luck I guess. Or other factors like maybe you clean it or your hands very often, keycaps start to shine due to oils in your fingers.

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Are you using it as a skateboard or is the K95 built wack? My K70 Lux, K70 Rapidfire, and K55 haven't been bendy at all

No, I'm not.They are fine when you are not comparing them to better keyboards. There might be some exceptions, I haven't tried all corsair boards.

1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Must be luck I guess. Or other factors like maybe you clean it or your hands very often, keycaps start to shine due to oils in your fingers.

No, I'm not.They are fine when you are not comparing them to better keyboards. There might be some exceptions, I haven't tried all corsair boards.

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

Ah yeah, that's subjective lol. 

Are you using it as a skateboard or is the K95 built wack? My K70 Lux, K70 Rapidfire, and K55 haven't been bendy at all ?

I am not trying to start a fanboi war, but do you guys think that coolermaster one would be better than a corsair equivalent or which one should I go for?

On 3/13/2020 at 10:35 PM, Inkz said:

I am not trying to start a fanboi war, but do you guys think that coolermaster one would be better than a corsair equivalent or which one should I go for?

It's up to you. Coolermaster is better option. Much better value.