RTX 2080 super running 44C in indle???

My setup: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mutsu_/saved/8Vgz7P

I have 4 Arctic P12 120mm Case Fan installed. Front: 2. Top:1. Back:1.

I don't know why. I am a total beginner. Built this in December 2019. Was going good but recently started Mid-Feb. Started getting high temps. I run Mid setting on 4K res on Rainbow Six Siege. I get 84C max temps. Average of 77C-82C. This is defiantly not okay.

Please help.

The CPU is fine. running maybe around 50C - 55C max temp while gaming since the built.

8 minutes ago, racerz1 said:

My setup: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Mutsu_/saved/8Vgz7P

I have 4 Arctic P12 120mm Case Fan installed. Front: 2. Top:1. Back:1.

I don't know why. I am a total beginner. Built this in December 2019. Was going good but recently started Mid-Feb. Started getting high temps. I run Mid setting on 4K res on Rainbow Six Siege. I get 84C max temps. Average of 77C-82C. This is defiantly not okay.

Please help.

The CPU is fine. running maybe around 50C - 55C max temp while gaming since the built.

It says the part list is private..

Which RTX 2080 do you have on there? is it a Blower Cooler?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

7 minutes ago, racerz1 said:

I run Mid setting on 4K res on Rainbow Six Siege. I get 84C max temps

That's normal if you're pushing 4k.

The idle temps are normal too. Any modern non-blower card has a zero rpm fan mode that makes it so that the fans are not spinning under a zero load scenario. The GPU is outputting video to your desktop so it still generates heat, but it's such little heat that the fans don't have to do anything.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 3/12/2020 at 8:40 PM, Fasauceome said:

That's normal if you're pushing 4k.

The idle temps are normal too. Any modern non-blower card has a zero rpm fan mode that makes it so that the fans are not spinning under a zero load scenario. The GPU is outputting video to your desktop so it still generates heat, but it's such little heat that the fans don't have to do anything.

Ohh right. Then all I can do is to go to 1440p. Where I will get lower temps then. I have been wanting to go to 1440p for a while now.

46 minutes ago, racerz1 said:

Ohh right. Then all I can do is to go to 1440p. Where I will get lower temps then. I have been wanting to go to 1440p for a while now.

No, 4K shouldn't be pushing your card any higher than normal, the power consumption remains similar whether you are on 1080p/1440p/4k assuming the card is being loaded to 100%.

Though since reading about it, that card doesn't have a great cooler but you might get better results if you add more/better fans to your case.

1 hour ago, racerz1 said:

You can definitely still do 4k. Like I said, those temps are normal. You're in safe territory.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

You can definitely still do 4k. Like I said, those temps are normal. You're in safe territory.

Ohh right. Thx. Thought it was high since yhr max temp is 88C. Got worried for nothing. 

8 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

No, 4K shouldn't be pushing your card any higher than normal, the power consumption remains similar whether you are on 1080p/1440p/4k assuming the card is being loaded to 100%.

Though since reading about it, that card doesn't have a great cooler but you might get better results if you add more/better fans to your case.

Can you recommend me some nice 120mm case fans plz. Thx. 

Got the same card as you and I've just put a custom cooling on it as I was disappointed with noise level of that Aorus, although it has 3 fans they're joke, especially with £700+ price tag. Used to have the same temps as you : idle 38-48, load 77-85 ( with a helicopter in my case)

Now I have idle temps around 30 and full load 55-65 - almost silent.

10 hours ago, racerz1 said:

Can you recommend me some nice 120mm case fans plz. Thx. 

I'm not well versed on Fans with value for money but you can create another thread asking for a better fan configuration, while also listing exactly what you have in your case.

Otherwise I could recommend a Corsair ML120 but I'm not sure if there's anything better out there for the money.

If you just want case fans that will last the Corsair ML fans are always a good choice but that are pricey. Silence and durability come at a cost. I have not regretted them one bit.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Bravo1cc said:

If you just want case fans that will last the Corsair ML fans are always a good choice but that are pricey. Silence and durability come at a cost. I have not regretted them one bit.

Thanks. Will check it out. 

3 hours ago, Bravo1cc said:

Thanks. Will check it out. If not will go with your advice tp create an another post. 

Thanks again. 

20 hours ago, Tee86 said:

Got the same card as you and I've just put a custom cooling on it as I was disappointed with noise level of that Aorus, although it has 3 fans they're joke, especially with £700+ price tag. Used to have the same temps as you : idle 38-48, load 77-85 ( with a helicopter in my case)

Now I have idle temps around 30 and full load 55-65 - almost silent.

Damn. If all fails then ill have to do a custom water cooling aswell or get someone else to do it.

I have begun to realise they're awful for that price. 

Thanks. 

I didn't do a pump. I did THIS one and it's great, more than great. Actually, I'm gonna get rid of my CPU pump soon as it's the noisiest part of my build by far. I'll probably get Ninja 5 for CPU.

16 hours ago, Tee86 said:

I didn't do a pump. I did THIS one and it's great, more than great. Actually, I'm gonna get rid of my CPU pump soon as it's the noisiest part of my build by far. I'll probably get Ninja 5 for CPU.

Wow. Looks great man. I think I'll try to do this as well. With a lot of research. Thx man. 

Ninja 5 looks great btw. 

7 hours ago, racerz1 said:

Wow. Looks great man. I think I'll try to do this as well. With a lot of research. Thx man. 

Ninja 5 looks great btw. 

I'm planning to post a manual here how to do that as it's not as straight forward with RTX cards... but I have figured it all out - had to, as there's no info on the internet. Have it up and running for about a week, no issues whatsoever. Well worth the effort

Re pump: btw I really doubt that I will ever use water cooling again, it's very unreliable. 

On 3/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, Tee86 said:

I'm planning to post a manual here how to do that as it's not as straight forward with RTX cards... but I have figured it all out - had to, as there's no info on the internet. Have it up and running for about a week, no issues whatsoever. Well worth the effort

Re pump: btw I really doubt that I will ever use water cooling again, it's very unreliable. 

Thx man. Will take any helping hand. But, First I will try to reapply the thermal paste on the GPU. Some people say that changing thermal paste on GPU will help. Just waiting on thermal paste from a friend and if it works will post it here.