AORUS AD27QD Monitor - Text and icons become fuzzy when in 8 bit colour mode

Hi there,

A while back I bought 2 AORUS AD27QD monitors but there are two issues i'm having with them.

I like to run both monitors at the native resoloution of 2560 x 1440 at 120htz with Freesync and 10 bit colour.

The first issue is that sometimes one or both of my monitors will be forced into 8 bpc colour depth, when I’ve set both to be 10 bpc. When it changes itself to 8 bpc things on my screen become fuzzy. Sometimes a restart fixes the issue and it goes back to being 10 bc with the fuzziness going away. Other times I have to restart like 10 times before it fixes itself.

The next issue is that one or both of my monitors just turn themselves off for no reason.

I have no idea why these issues are happening. could it be the GPU, Windows or the monitors themselves? Could it be because these older monitors are only on display port 1.2 and lack the bandwidth to run 10 bpc, with 120hz and Freesync enabled?

Below is a screenshot of how my settings should be in the Nvidia control panel. When the bpc option says 8 bpc things like text and icons become fuzzy.

I'm hoping someone could help me resolve this. It's impossible to tell if it's the GPU, Windows or the monitors themselves.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and people told me I was seeing things when I said the image was blurry... I literally had to stop using mine and go back to my old monitor because the overall blurriness gave me splitting headaches.

I fixed the blurriness once from playing with the display scaling in Windows, but a reboot killed that. :/

Now I'm tempted to hook it back up to test 10 bit mode (it's not real 10 bit, btw), but last time I did that it gave me eyestrain that took 3 days to go away.