EK Issues for PC O11 Front Distribution Plate

Hi,

I'm not a newbie when it comes to watercooling, so my friend asked me to help with their build.  They bought the front distro plate (res & pump combo) for the Lian Li PC O11 (non XL) and the plate was too big! It covered the vertical radiator mounts, despite saying that the plate was designed for the case.  Does anyone have any EK horror stories, like this one?  I'm curious why, a company highly regarded by Linus and other youtubers, would mess-up a $200+ reservoir.

20200306_233856.jpg

20200306_234146.jpg

20200306_234301.jpg

20200306_234344.jpg

@lluneau - I assume you read the manual (pp.4) that states:

STEP 1 Before installing any components, drill out the original rivets using a 3.5mm drill bit.

Please refer to the manual for the correct rivets to drill out.

I did.  I drilled out the front rivets and the block still didn't fit.  It was pressed flush to the front of the case.

36 minutes ago, lluneau said:

I did.  I drilled out the front rivets and the block still didn't fit.  It was pressed flush to the front of the case.

Is it supposed to go outside the frame instead of inside the chassis frame?

It's supposed to go inside the frame. I followed the instruction to a tee.  As in the instructions, the case tempered glass goes over the distribution block.

ahhhh EK

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

On 3/9/2020 at 6:45 PM, lluneau said:

Hi,

I'm not a newbie when it comes to watercooling, so my friend asked me to help with their build.  They bought the front distro plate (res & pump combo) for the Lian Li PC O11 (non XL) and the plate was too big! It covered the vertical radiator mounts, despite saying that the plate was designed for the case.  Does anyone have any EK horror stories, like this one?  I'm curious why, a company highly regarded by Linus and other youtubers, would mess-up a $200+ reservoir.

20200306_233856.jpg

20200306_234146.jpg

20200306_234301.jpg

20200306_234344.jpg

Because the side mount radiator option is not compatible with the front mount distro plate.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2020 at 3:21 AM, jasonc_01 said:

Because the side mount radiator option is not compatible with the front mount distro plate.

Its even more - 360*60mm radiator is not an option too. Nor sidemounted nor topmounted. Even with topmounted 30mm thick radiator you got pain in the yass when preparing that 90degree fitting with 5mm long tube between two.

I currently reverted to classic EK pump-res. ALso you cant simply install drain inwards or you will need to sacrifice one of bottom fans. Threre is holes on the front but for what? Well yeah, I use them. I use front filling hole and front draining. I do it that way - i turn my heavy chonker lian li case upside down with squeak in my back. I install fitting with the hose and then slowly rotating case to normal while aiming the hose to the bottle to drain. 

16 hours ago, Heryon said:

Its even more - 360*60mm radiator is not an option too. Nor sidemounted nor topmounted. Even with topmounted 30mm thick radiator you got pain in the yass when preparing that 90degree fitting with 5mm long tube between two.

You're supposed to have the radiator ports at the opposite end of the chassis, not right next to the distro. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

• 8 months later...