(First PC build) audio production build

Hi

So I'm planning out what I need/want for my first audio pc.  I will be running FL studio and a couple other programs. I want to have 2 monitors possible 3. No gaming on this build.  

My budget is $1000.  Not including keyboard,mouse and monitors.

Question #1 

If I'm not playing any games do I really need a GPU? 

What CPU would you recommend?  Currently I'm leaning towards a AMD 2700x

what motherboard do you recommend? 

Here is my pcparts build list. Does it look good or am I going to have a hard time lol.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/YOUNGBOBDYLAN/saved/

Side note.

This is a audio production pc so it must be quite. Not really trying to go super rgb either. Looking for a sleek stealth build 

14 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

Hi

So I'm planning out what I need/want for my first audio pc.  I will be running FL studio and a couple other programs. I want to have 2 monitors possible 3. No gaming on this build.  

My budget is $1000.  Not including keyboard,mouse and monitors.

Question #1 

Here is my pcparts build list. Does it look good or am I going to have a hard time lol.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/YOUNGBOBDYLAN/saved/

Side note.

This is a audio production pc so it must be quite. Not really trying to go super rgb either. Looking for a sleek stealth build 

I mean, I recommend the meshify c with two extra case fans (it ships with two) and a cheap Quadro (This link has no relation to me, just found it) https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-NVIDIA-Quadro-4000-2GB-GDDR5-SDRAM-PCI-Express-x16-Graphics/283807580751?epid=168467541&hash=item421440024f:g:cFYAAOSwnm1eZC1r , so its around 13 .50 USD, and a pretty good deal. The standard cpu fan should be fine ( get a 2700x), and You could get away with a b450, or you could spring for a x470. Anything really goes, just make sure it doesn't have a suspiciously low price, as it will be crappy. The gpu has 2 HDMI's, and one...what vga? I forget. Also, unless you've actually tried out corsair stuff personally, Don't buy their peripherals (unless you've tried and liked them) , they feel like cheap garbage to a lot of people... 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

13 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

f I'm not playing any games do I really need a GPU?

nope

13 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

you wont be needing much audio isn't very difficult

14 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

something cheaper you really won't see that 132$ worth from that board with no gpu

20 minutes ago, emosun said:

When you really get into it, you really need a good CPU cause you'll be using a lot of plugins and a lot them(cough cough waves) ,especially if you have more than 10 tracks

37 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

Question #1 

A typical DAW does not use any GPU at all so I would spend all my money on a nice CPU 

37 minutes ago, YOUNGBOBDYLAN said:

Honestly if your not overclocking it doesn't really matter. A lot of my routing happens externally anyways and comes in through a couple USB ports. 

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

When you really get into it, you really need a good CPU cause you'll be using a lot of plugins and a lot them(cough cough waves) ,especially if you have more than 10 tracks

ah ok , here i though somebody made music on computers prior to the release of the 2700x

6 hours ago, Himommies said:

A typical DAW does not use any GPU at all so I would spend all my money on a nice CPU 

Honestly if your not overclocking it doesn't really matter. A lot of my routing happens externally anyways and comes in through a couple USB ports. 

I'm thinking about stepping up to the 3700x now. For $25 more get a little better performance and better single core performance.   

6 hours ago, emosun said:

nope

something cheaper you really won't see that 132$ worth from that board with no gpu

But I do need one if I want to run multiple monitors right?