6pin PCIe extension directly into psu 6pin aux

Hi, folks!

I have a somehow really dumb question, so thanks in advance for possible help.

First of all i have a Corsair SF450 80 PLUS GOLD ( https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/SF-Series™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020104-NA ) psu.

Since the sata power cable shipped with the unit is too short to reach my ssd in my specific case, it came to my mind, that i could probably use an extension cable.

I already have cable extensions from cablemod ( https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-pro-modmesh-cable-extension-kit/ ) lying around.

So my question is:

Is it possible to use the "6-pin PCI-e extension cable" plugged in directly to the psu sata/pata aux 6pin power outlet and the other end into the sata power cable which came with the psu ?

It would work physically (i tried that already), but i have no idea if it is a good idea and i dont want to fry my ssd or start a fire with my psu.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Yours truly,

Zitronent xD

I honestly can't really imagine how would you connect the 6pin PCIe extension into the PSU's SATA slot, and the other end into the SATA modular cable.

Here some pics to show that it physically fits:

psu_side.jpg

other_end.jpg

Ok, I see. If you can be 100% sure that wires don't change places along the way and don't end up in a different pin than the pin they started from, then there's nothing wrong about it.

Thanks for your answer and time.

>> If you can be 100% sure that wires don't change places along the way and don't end up in a different pin <<
Yeah, for it is an extension cable i think this is the case. But i will make it sure before i power up the machine.

If it fails big time, at least there is no data on the sata drive yet.

Again thanks for help and have a nice day.