play sound through tv and headphones at the same time

Ls9L

is there a way on windows to play sound from my tv and headphones at the same time like on a xbox you can play them both simultaneously. my headphones are through aux and my tv is through the graphics card btw and i have realtek audio :(

2 hours ago, Ls9L said:

is there a way on windows to play sound from my tv and headphones at the same time like on a xbox you can play them both simultaneously. my headphones are through aux and my tv is through the graphics card btw and i have realtek audio :(

To keep your TV audio over HDMI, you would need an HDMI audio extractor, and route that to an amplifier for your headphones.

Untitled.png

9 minutes ago, ShearMe said:

To keep your TV audio over HDMI, you would need an HDMI audio extractor, and route that to an amplifier for your headphones.

Untitled.png

will this add any input delay to my tv ?

Just now, Ls9L said:

will this add any input delay to my tv ?

I haven't seen anyone do measurements, but I haven't noticed any added latency on various extractors.

Just now, ShearMe said:

I haven't seen anyone do measurements, but I haven't noticed any added latency on various extractors.

and why can you listen to noise on an xbox through the tv and headphones at the same time but not on a pc ?

5 minutes ago, Ls9L said:

and why can you listen to noise on an xbox through the tv and headphones at the same time but not on a pc ?

You might be able to get it working through software, but it adds latency I'm pretty sure.

Windows Stereo Mix methodhttps://appuals.com/output-audio-multiple-devices-windows-10/#:~:text=Double-click on the Wave,output device from the menu.

VB-Audio Cable driver method: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/virtual-audio-cable-enables-multiple-audio-outputs-in-windows-7/

4 hours ago, Ls9L said:

Its much easier: right-click the Speakers icon and select Open Sound settings, then click App volume and devices preferences. There Settings lists all your open apps. Click the Output drop-down menu adjacent to the software you need to select a playback device for.Then you can select a connected playback device from the drop-down menu. Note that Windows will save the chosen output audio device so that it plays audio when you open the software you selected it for.

EDIT: This works if you want the two playback devices to play sounds from different software applications, one plays music the other one your game

On 3/6/2020 at 3:32 PM, OddGreyFox211 said:

Its much easier: right-click the Speakers icon and select Open Sound settings, then click App volume and devices preferences. There Settings lists all your open apps. Click the Output drop-down menu adjacent to the software you need to select a playback device for.Then you can select a connected playback device from the drop-down menu. Note that Windows will save the chosen output audio device so that it plays audio when you open the software you selected it for.

EDIT: This works if you want the two playback devices to play sounds from different software applications, one plays music the other one your game

fixed it bought a new cpu nothing would work expect me getting a new cpu. ryzen 7 2700x

On 3/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, Ls9L said:

use a splitter

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

Some TV's have an option for this in the settings. I know Sony was one of more consistent in this regard, at least few years ago. There you could set only TV speakers, only headphones or TV speakers + headphone sat the same time. Not sure if they still have that. Check the audio settings of your TV.