I need help finding a reputable dealer for asus monitors

Hypotheermia

I have been looking all night for a good place to buy an asus rog monitor and I can’t find an online store that sells them in the US trying not to go to amazon as they have had an issue with fake products lately 

please send a link!!!! 

Amazon or Newegg are the ones I would suggest.

This is actually the first I've heard of problems with fake products on Amazon, at least with regards to computer components.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

It wasn’t a computer part I got fake but in my area people are using the FBA program to place sketchy products on there. So I have had a hard time believing amazon. 

1 hour ago, Hypotheermia said:

It wasn’t a computer part I got fake but in my area people are using the FBA program to place sketchy products on there. So I have had a hard time believing amazon. 

One thing to remember is “fulfilled by amazon” is basically eBay.  They don’t write it in big letters, but if you see those words check the actual seller because it isn’t amazon.

One of the big issues lately (its been one for years, really) is dead pixels on monitors.  They’re “allowed” to have up to five and not call it defective.  My personal maximum is zero.  Kinda funny how none of the monitors you see as display models have dead pixels but consumers are supposed to think that up to five is “fine”.  The way around this one is to check it immediately when you recieve it using a grey background (which makes them easier to find) and immediately return it within the “return for any reason” period, because the regular warranty won’t cover it.  Might have to do it several times.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.