Windows 7 downgrade on L340 gaming laptop

Hello there. I just wanna know how I could downgrade my Lenovo L340 Gaming (2019) laptop from Win10 to Win7. After all i've tried checking on my BIOS options which there is only OS customize (yes and no), I tried to turn on legacy boot, still it gives me Not fully ACPI compliant bsod after when win7 logo appears when i wanna setup. I dont know if its my motherboard or anything like that. I just wanna get to Win7 setup, And i don't care about security as Windows10 is not a great OS choice for me.

if Windows 10 isn't a great OS for you you shouldn't have bought a modern laptop. Windows 7 does not have drivers for the hardware in a 2019 device and the manufacturers aren't releasing those drivers either. if it BSOD's on boot due to a driver issue then you're just screwed. 

She/Her

If you want to build a windows 7 USB boot disk and boot and install from from that really.

However, I really don't recommend going with windows 7. Not only from a security standpoint (which you don't care about...), but also for drivers and compatibility 

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, ObsidianAura said:

If you want to build a windows 7 USB boot disk and boot and install from from that really.

OP already booted to a Windows 7 installer but it BSOD's, likely due to driver issues which isn't surprising. if you expect a 10 year old OS to work on a modern device you clearly don't know how this all works lmao

She/Her

4 minutes ago, Twilight said:

if Windows 10 isn't a great OS for you you shouldn't have bought a modern laptop. Windows 7 does not have drivers for the hardware in a 2019 device and the manufacturers aren't releasing those drivers either. if it BSOD's on boot due to a driver issue then you're just screwed. 

Aw, I wonder if there are still pc's from 2018-2017 to buy if it could support win7

3 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

You want to build a windows 7 USB boot disk and boot and install from from that really.

However, I really don't recommend going with windows 7. Not only from a security standpoint (which you don't care about...), but also for drivers and compatibility 

Yeah i know, I've tried to do a win7 boot usb disk but still it gives me same issue, (bsod and not fully ACPI compliant)

1 minute ago, Dlovan said:

Aw, I wonder if there are still pc's from 2018-2017 to buy if it could support win7

nope. iirc kaby lake dropped suport for 7 and 8.1, ryzen doesn't support it either iirc. 

i understand not wanting to use Windows 10 but 7 isn't the answer. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

nope. iirc kaby lake dropped suport for 7 and 8.1, ryzen doesn't support it either iirc. 

i understand not wanting to use Windows 10 but 7 isn't the answer. 

Yeah, I guess that's it, i've had good memories with windows 7, it has great features, including aero, less recources, that's why i like win7

Just now, Dlovan said:

Yeah, I guess that's it, i've had good memories with windows 7, it has great features, including aero, less recources, that's why i like win7

7 was good for the time but it's quickly become a slow insecure bloated mess. it's basically vista 2.0 at this point. 

regardless it will never work on your laptop so you might as well get used to 10... 

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

7 was good for the time but it's quickly become a slow insecure bloated mess. it's basically vista 2.0 at this point. 

regardless it will never work on your laptop so you might as well get used to 10... 

Okay, I guess...

5 minutes ago, Dlovan said:

Aw, I wonder if there are still pc's from 2018-2017 to buy if it could support win7

Yeah i know, I've tried to do a win7 boot usb disk but still it gives me same issue, (bsod and not fully ACPI compliant)

Normally when you exit the bios there's an option to load OS optimized Defaults to Win  7. The ACPI BSOD is to be expected if you don't do that.

They may have removed the option as support ended in January 

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, ObsidianAura said:

Normally when you exit the bios there's an option to load OS optimized Defaults to Win  7. The ACPI BSOD is to be expected if you don't do that.

They may have removed the option as support ended in January 

I don't have to option of OS optimized Defaults, I mean it doesn't show 8.x or 7, it just shows option for yes and no

1 minute ago, Dlovan said:

I don't have to option of OS optimized Defaults, I mean it doesn't show 8.x or 7, it just shows option for yes and no

Must be a newer BIOS then sorry. 

Just now, ObsidianAura said:

Must be a newer BIOS then sorry. 

yeah, :(

8 minutes ago, Dlovan said:

yeah, :(

Out of interest, are you using the Novo button to get the BIOS up or some other method?

4 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

Out of interest, are you using the Novo button to get the BIOS up or some other method?

yeah, i am using the Novo button

34 minutes ago, Dlovan said:

And i don't care about security as Windows10 is not a great OS choice for me.

Well Microsoft doesn’t have Win 7 support for newer CPUs and drivers might me non existent. Maybe look in to Linux if you don’t like Windows 10. That’s what I did, never been happier. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What you could do, if you really really want to be able to use windows 7 is install it in Hypervisor as a VM? I mean, you shouldn't it will be slow and messy, but it'd probably work if you absolutely need to run win 7

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Well Microsoft doesn’t have Win 7 support for newer CPUs and drivers might me non existent. Maybe look in to Linux if you don’t like Windows 10. That’s what I did, never been happier. 

I've never tried Linux so i don't know how the experience would be, maybe I could try it someday

1 hour ago, Dlovan said:

Win7=VistaDoneRight. Personally, I have no trouble curbing the resource-hunger down, up-to-date even on Atom-netbooks. But I am not on Windows anyways.