Run Linux and Windows 10 at the same time

I was wondering if I could run Windows 10 and Linux at the same time and just press a key bind on my keyboard to switch between them. I've seen tutorials on how to do this but they require the user to reboot in order to change, I want to boot both of them simultaneously and then switch without having to reboot and vice versa. I don't know if this will have a big performance hit because the system is running two OSs but I wouldn't have thought so because Linux is very lightweight and can run on almost anything. I want to run the Linux distro "PoP! OS" because its better for gaming and looks like Ubuntu. Please let me know if I can somehow do this.

LTT did a video about this, but they ran Win10 + MacOs on 2 monitors. You can use the same method to run Win+Linux imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Virtual machines.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can use QEMU KVM to achieve this, you can use libvirt along with virt-manager to set it up.

However depending on what your doing with it, you still have to allocate resources away from linux to the Virtual instance.

So if you need say 4cores 8 threads for Linux and Windows, you need a 8core 16thread. Same with Memory. If you want full GPU acceleration, you need a second GPU.

The overhead on the cpu side is very low and the GPU side is almost non-existant, but your still splitting up system resources to achieve it.

If you want really good info on VFIO passthrough, the Level 1 techs forums has a ton of info.

It's probably one of the better resources out there.

https://forum.level1techs.com/c/software/vfio

Wendell did a great write up on how to get it working with Pop using one vid card in this thread:

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/vfio-in-2019-pop-os-how-to-general-guide-though-draft/142287

Thanks to everyone who replied I will definitely be trying all of your suggestions.