Windows license will expire Message???

Go to solution Solved by Krofter,
2 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

I've run into this with pirated versions of Windows. How did you obtain your Windows? If you bought from a place like Ebay or some other reseller, I'd pick a fight with them.

2 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

What happens when you go in to settings and hit activate?

Is it saying you have an invalid key or something?

1 hour ago, Snowarch said:

keyless windows isn't so bad. i run it in a virtual box sometimes, but check settings and see, or how you got that windows installed.

Guys, i bought my laptop, with  genuine win 10 pre-installed more 2.5 years ago. I had no problem till now, until this latest update.

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

On 29th Feb, i got a win 10 cumulative update.(screenshot added). After that, i get "Your windows license will expire soon" message (screenshot added) randomly. What should i do?. It is so annoying that when i play games and stuff, the game minimizes and this pops up . Its not frequent though, like 2-5 times in an hour (think so). Please help.

Screenshot (237).png

Screenshot (235).png

I've run into this with pirated versions of Windows. How did you obtain your Windows? If you bought from a place like Ebay or some other reseller, I'd pick a fight with them.

keyless windows isn't so bad. i run it in a virtual box sometimes, but check settings and see, or how you got that windows installed.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

1 hour ago, Krofter said:

On 29th Feb, i got a win 10 cumulative update.(screenshot added). After that, i get "Your windows license will expire soon" message (screenshot added) randomly. What should i do?. It is so annoying that when i play games and stuff, the game minimizes and this pops up . Its not frequent though, like 2-5 times in an hour (think so). Please help.

Did you ever license your Windows 10? 

What happens if you go to Settings and try to activate?

You could also open Start > Run and run 'slmgr.vbs /ato' to try to activate it. 

If it fails, paste the response here.

Also run 'slmgr.vbs /dlv' and paste the response. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

2 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

2 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

1 hour ago, Snowarch said:

Guys, i bought my laptop, with  genuine win 10 pre-installed more 2.5 years ago. I had no problem till now, until this latest update.

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

i'd ask microsoft on that one. sounds like it thinks its a commercial win10 licence for pro instead of a single user. did you get it from a job or something? 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

35 minutes ago, Krofter said:

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

Is it new-in-box or refurbished etc.? That prompt would mean that Windows was activated inside corporate network (or using non-legit tools mimicking such). In those cases OS needs to phone home for renewal of license. Hence the prompt.

If the laptop is brand new, contact manufacturer. If it's something else, contact store. Both might redirect you to Microsoft support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Snowarch said:

i'd ask microsoft on that one. sounds like it thinks its a commercial win10 licence for pro instead of a single user. did you get it from a job or something? 

Nope.....mine and mine only.

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is it new-in-box or refurbished etc.? That prompt would mean that Windows was activated inside corporate network (or using non-legit tools mimicking such). In those cases OS needs to phone home for renewal of license. Hence the prompt.

If the laptop is brand new, contact manufacturer. If it's something else, contact store. Both might redirect you to Microsoft support.

hmmm..... Actually, i lost my HDD (shock damaged?), and i replaced it with an SSD. When i booted up, it already registered and win recognized my laptop. I had no problem, until i updated that day??. Looks i will contact Microsoft and ask. Or should i try uninstalling that update???

Was it bought new and unopened and from a reputable seller?

The fact it says "using your organization activation" sounds exactly what some refurbishers will do, they use a corporate key that they won't have to pay for and will work long enough for them to wash their hands off of it when it expires.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Krofter said:

hmmm..... Actually, i lost my HDD (shock damaged?), and i replaced it with an SSD. When i booted up, it already registered and win recognized my laptop. I had no problem, until i updated that day??. Looks i will contact Microsoft and ask. Or should i try uninstalling that update???

If it indeed was new in the bpx, then contact Microsoft. I've given you reason for that prompt in my previous post.

Doing clean install without manufacturers own restore media can also be cause of some problems, but not with activation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Was it bought new and unopened and from a reputable seller?

The fact it says "using your organization activation" sounds exactly what some refurbishers will do, they use a corporate key that they won't have to pay for and will work long enough for them to wash their hands off of it when it expires.

Yes, i did. No problems like that whatsoever.

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If it indeed was new in the bpx, then contact Microsoft. I've given you reason for that prompt in my previous post.

Doing clean install without manufacturers own restore media can also be cause of some problems, but not with activation.

These two updates were the once i did that day. I am now uninstalling them to see if there is improvement. If still there is problem, i will contact Microsoft.

Screenshot (241)_LI.jpg

I never seen that happen before.  Normally a OEM/System Builder's License Key wouldn't just do that.  I would highly recommend that you  contact Microsoft about it.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

On 3/3/2020 at 10:48 PM, CalintzJerevinan said:

I never seen that happen before.  Normally a OEM/System Builder's License Key wouldn't just do that.  I would highly recommend that you  contact Microsoft about it.

On 3/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks for all your support... found where i made a 'mistake'. Now i need to find a way to reinstall windows without loosing all my data?????

Screenshot (245)_LI.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 6:18 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Usually, it shouldn't affect activation( I think very rarely as my old asus laptop - from the same era, both laptop are running 3rd gen intel cpu, have no issues with activation even after numorous times of clean install, windows would just activate as normal whether it's windows 8,8.1 and 10) but

Dell tech support seems to claim it did, contacted dell about windows 8.1 not activated(preloaded with windows 8), they said that I must reinstall windows 8 with their install media( nirsoft produkey can’t find any product key in the bios) and to install windows 8.1 and 10, I need to purchase a new key to use windows 8.1 and also windows 10(windows 10 technically yes but windows 8.1?)

The only changes I noticed from the secret shoppers is the button to go straight to tech support other than that, nothing has changed, still a tech support that isn't helpfull at all

5DD0BE8A-22D1-44D8-A298-8E0C52B61F31.png.7551e75dca64cfe537a8321686221459.png

and windows 8 is already EOL and got replaced by windows 8.1

How exactly did you install win10 in the first place?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Usually, it shouldn't affect activation( I think very rarely as my old asus laptop - from the same era, both laptop are running 3rd gen intel cpu, have no issues with activation even after numorous times of clean install, windows would just activate as normal whether it's windows 8,8.1 and 10) but

Dell tech support seems to claim it did, contacted dell about windows 8.1 not activated(preloaded with windows 8), they said that I must reinstall windows 8 with their install media( nirsoft produkey can’t find any product key in the bios) and to install windows 8.1 and 10, I need to purchase a new key to use windows 8.1 and also windows 10(windows 10 technically yes but windows 8.1?)

The only changes I noticed from the secret shoppers is the button to go straight to tech support other than that, nothing has changed, still a tech support that isn't helpfull at all

5DD0BE8A-22D1-44D8-A298-8E0C52B61F31.png.7551e75dca64cfe537a8321686221459.png

and windows 8 is already EOL and got replaced by windows 8.1

5 hours ago, Kilrah said:

How exactly did you install win10 in the first place?

I installed win 10 from the official downloader, here is where i made the mistake. I said i have a win license no?, but i only have license for win 10 home, not for win 10 pro. But i installed pro, instead of home. I have  no idea how it was activated all these time??(its been abt 6 months i think), but win finally caught up to me. Look my last post?