Hello I built new pc and it didnt post, no hdmi1 found on monitor, looked on MOBO cpu light was on.

Specs:

MOBO: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

CPU: RYZEN 5 3600

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3000MZH

GPU: MSI RTX 2060 VENTUS XS

PSU: CORSAIR RM650X 650W

SSD: 1TB KINGSTON KC600 

CASE: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 V3 ADD-RGB 3F 

Everything is plugged in, fans work, usb ports kinda work(only my keyboard does not work only when i turn on and off psu for a sec), took out ram tested it in every chanel it worked fine, removed ssd, removed gpu nothing. Removed cpu to see if pins are broken they are not.

Updated bios with flash, cleared CMOS nothing.

At start for ~0.5sec boot light is on then off then cpu light turns on for ~3-4 sec then it turns off for ~3-4sec then it turns on again and MOBO leds at the back turn red.

Sorry for bad english 

3 minutes ago, Kristaps said:

Hello I built new pc and it didnt post, no hdmi1 found on monitor, looked on MOBO cpu light was on.

Everything is plugged in, fans work, usb ports kinda work(only my keyboard does not work only when i turn on and off psu for a sec), took out ram tested it in every chanel it worked fine, removed ssd, removed gpu nothing.

Updated bios with flash, cleared CMOS nothing.

At start for ~0.5sec boot light is on then off then cpu light turns on for ~3-4 sec then it turns off for ~3-4sec then it turns on again and MOBO leds at the back turn red.

Sorry for bad english 

Something doesn't add up? How have you validated the both RAM channels work and also flashed the BIOS when you aren't getting a POST? As far as I know, you can't do either of those things unless you are at least POST ing and getting into the UEFI.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

8 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Something doesn't add up? How have you validated the both RAM channels work and also flashed the BIOS when you aren't getting a POST? As far as I know, you can't do either of those things unless you are at least POST ing and getting into the UEFI.

I have a flash bios butten and when i take ram out MOBO light turns on when i put it in it turns back off

Edited by Kristaps
(:

6 minutes ago, OdiumDolt said:

do you have another AM4 processor on hand?

No i dont ?

8 minutes ago, Kristaps said:

I have a flash bios butten and when i take ram out MOBO light turns on when i put it in it turns back off

Ah.

Perhaps a silly question, but you are certain the HDMI is hooked to the video card and NOT the motherboard?

Were you able to/ did you try to get a POST on the previous BIOS version?

Another thing I have had varying degrees of success with that may be worth a shot is to:

- unplug power cord

- press and hold the power button on your case for 30-60 seconds

- replug the power cord

- reboot

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

i would also try unplugging one ram stick, and see if that works. if not, try the other stick. It could be that one of your sticks could be dead

2 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Ah.

Perhaps a silly question, but you are certain the HDMI is hooked to the video card and NOT the motherboard?

Were you able to/ did you try to get a POST on the previous BIOS version?

Another thing I have had varying degrees of success with that may be worth a shot is to:

- unplug power cord

- press and hold the power button on your case for 30-60 seconds

- replug the power cord

- reboot

I tride HDMI  and display port in gpu nothing changed.

I tride to get post on previous bios same thing.

I will try to unplug psu and hold power button.

But cpu thing is wierd it looks like its going to post some times on monitor it shows - or red screen but then fans start going slower and cpu light turns on

3 minutes ago, OdiumDolt said:

i would also try unplugging one ram stick, and see if that works. if not, try the other stick. It could be that one of your sticks could be dead

Did that already it looks like both sticks work

I dont know if that would work but i found at amd support reply that sometimes b450 and ryzen 5 3600 dont work together at start you need other cpu to boot pc and update bios with that cpu but i dont have another cpu ?

44 minutes ago, Kristaps said:

I dont know if that would work but i found at amd support reply that sometimes b450 and ryzen 5 3600 dont work together at start you need other cpu to boot pc and update bios with that cpu but i dont have another cpu ?

Okay, I get the feeling that the power cord thing isn't going to work... If you updated the BIOS to the latest version, you should be good to go on that front. Should be non issue.

Here's a bunch of other things I'd try:

- move video card to the second slot

- try another video card

- try to power on with no RAM at all. If you have a speaker hooked to your motherboard, you should get a whole bunch of sparatic beeps and no POST. If you can't hear the beeps, could be bad MOBO

- try to power on with no CPU at all. Not sure what to make of this, but if you somehow experience the same issues with no CPU whatsoever, could probably narrow down the issue to either the CPU or MOBO

- power on and let it sit for like 5 minutes. Sometimes ram training and first boot on new bios just take a while. Screen flashing and apparent additional resets can be normal.

if u want, go to a local CPU seller, or a place like free geek, and they might be able to help you out