Would you, could you, run 2x ASUS GTX1660s?

Hexonx

Long story short, one of my computers had a motherboard go bad, and I ended up with an extra ASUS TUF Gaming X3 GeForce GTX 1660 Advanced edition 6GB GDDR5 GPU + 16GB HyperX RAM - The MB is only a few months old and under warranty but I will build another machine with different hardware instead. 

I now have two of these:

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TUF3-GTX1660-A6G-GAMING/ 

The motherboard is an MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX

SLI looks to be going the way of the dinosaurs and will be replaced with Nvidia's NVLink, which this card doesn't support. In fact, this video card doesn't have an SLI slot at all (not to mention the MB isn't SLI compatible anyway), and I am guessing what we're looking at is a 'transistion card' from SLI to the NVLink. That said, can I run these two cards together in a machine I would use for gaming and streaming at the same time? I have the option to run 32GBs memory as well, but see no advantages since I don't do any heavy video or photo editing. 

My processor is a Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core for those curious. 

I might want to play some Diablo III and stream using OBS at the same time. I embarrasingly admit I have been out of the 'computer building' game for some time and maybe I could get some advice. Otherwise...I just got a bunch of spare parts lying around that I would like to use ?

Thanks in advance. 

SLI has been stripped out of lower tier products, so I’m not sure how well those cards will work in tandem. Akimbo  cards is mostly just a benchmarking game these days, with a few exceptions. Maybe a multi-gpu supporting directx 12 title will benefit from two 1660 cards but I kind of doubt it

I don't see any advantages of running 2 of those video cards. 

For gaming, even IF those cards would support SLI, SLI is pretty worthless these days. Less and less games implement it correctly.

For streaming there's no benefit of having 2 video cards, NVEC encoder doesnt use up GPU recources and h.264 is all on the CPU. Your 2nd GPU would just sit there doing nothing.

Don't bother.  Way too much hassle for the negligible benefit, if there is one at all.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

Install both and use one for folding@home the entire time and game on the other one. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I appreciate the time you guys gave with your advice. I decided I will put it back together after the MSI B450 Tomahawk (which keeps blue screening) from the other machine is replaced by MSI and I will use that as an OBS + chat server. 

Thanks!