aorus pro question when installing evo plus 970

Windows95

do I have to keep the plastic thing that comes with the board removed? or I place it back on top of the 970? do I remove the sticker? see here:

this guy uses a drive that has its own heatsink thing, so im not sure. do i place the black plastic back on top of the 970 or not? and do i remove the sticker thing?

ps: i dont speak english, so i don undertand what he is saying perfectly, he says, take it off (the sticker) and place it on top? my 970 evo plus dosent come with heatsink, then i do that?

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

ps: i dont speak english, so i don undertand what he is saying perfectly, he says, take it off (the sticker) and place it on top? my 970 evo plus dosent come with heatsink, then i do that?

Which motherboard do you have ?

12 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

do I have to keep the plastic thing that comes with the board removed? or I place it back on top of the 970? do I remove the sticker? see here:

this guy uses a drive that has its own heatsink thing, so im not sure. do i place the black plastic back on top of the 970 or not? and do i remove the sticker thing?

What plastic thing? The aluminium heatsink or the thin plastic film on the thermal pad?

What sticker? On the 970 EVO? You dont remove that.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Which motherboard do you have ?

aorus pro, it looks pretty much the same as the one on the video

11 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I believe the sticker he is talking about is the one that covered the thermal pad. The label on the 970 Evo stays on, then you remove the sticker on the thermal pad, which is attached to the little M.2 heat sink that came with the motherboard, then you just put that heat sink over the 970 Evo. Since the SSD that this guy used already has a heat sink, he didn't use the black one that came with the motherboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Ralf said:

What plastic thing? The aluminium heatsink or the thin plastic film on the thermal pad?

What sticker? On the 970 EVO? You dont remove that.

oh wait, its aluminum, yes that, it says x570 aorus pro, and it has a sticker under it, this is not mentioned in the manual so im not sure, the black thing is a heatsink i assume, but what abotu the sticker underneat?

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I believe the sticker he is talking about is the one that covered the thermal pad. The label on the 970 Evo stays on, then you remove the sticker on the thermal pad, which is attached to the little M.2 heat sink that came with the motherboard, then you just put that heat sink over the 970 Evo. Since the SSD that this guy used already has a heat sink, he didn't use the black one that came with the motherboard.

im talking about this, click on the video:

so i take that off? they dont mention it in the manual, lame

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

im talking about this, click on the video:

Yes that Blue looking sticker you need to peel off. The Black heatsink then goes on top of your SSD.

The SSD the guy used in the video had it's own heatsink so that is why he didn't need to use it.

5 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

Pretty sure once you remove the heat sink, the sticker says "please remove before use" printed on it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Pretty sure once you remove the heat sink, the sticker says "please remove before use" printed on it

it doesnt say anything

Just now, Windows95 said:

it doesnt say anything

In which case, they probably assume you'd treat it the same way as the sticker on the CPU cooler, since most coolers come with a little sticker on the bottom of it

Primary PC: