Can I use fan splitters on the Commander Pro?

Aaralli

I run 6 SP120 RGB Fans (.3A each) in my PC and a Corsair Hydro X XD5 pump/res (2.5A). My pump is connected to port 6 on my commander pro leaving me 5 ports left for my 6 fans. So I connected 2 fans to a 4 pin Y splitter and plugged it to port 5 and the rest of the fans on 1-4. Port 5 is just died today. None of my fans will work on port 5 but all fans will work on ports 1-4. There are many cases where people's fan ports die from using a splitter while under the 1A rating. Seems like the best thing to do is to have multiple Commander Pros if you need more fan ports since 1 port will die if you use a 2 way fan splitter. 

Note with the pump and all 6 fans, my total is 4.3A. So I'm within range of max rating.

On 4/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, toiletfyshy said:

I run 6 SP120 RGB Fans (.3A each) in my PC and a Corsair Hydro X XD5 pump/res (2.5A). My pump is connected to port 6 on my commander pro leaving me 5 ports left for my 6 fans. So I connected 2 fans to a 4 pin Y splitter and plugged it to port 5 and the rest of the fans on 1-4. Port 5 is just died today. None of my fans will work on port 5 but all fans will work on ports 1-4. There are many cases where people's fan ports die from using a splitter while under the 1A rating. Seems like the best thing to do is to have multiple Commander Pros if you need more fan ports since 1 port will die if you use a 2 way fan splitter. 

Note with the pump and all 6 fans, my total is 4.3A. So I'm within range of max rating.

Okay. That's very very useful. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

So did you end up installing 6 splitters to the Commander Pro? 

Which Splitter did you use?

I would like to do something similar with 10 Fans.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:52 PM, SSSJDanny said:

So did you end up installing 6 splitters to the Commander Pro? 

Which Splitter did you use?

I would like to do something similar with 10 Fans.

It would appear that 6 splitters does not work... at the very maximum I would use 4 splitters and even then it might be hard on the Commander Pro.

18 hours ago, Aaralli said:

It would appear that 6 splitters does not work... at the very maximum I would use 4 splitters and even then it might be hard on the Commander Pro.

i plugged two fans into one socket on this commander pro at 800RPM and by the next morning the connection was dead.

no.. you can't plug more than one fan into it, the specs of how much you can pull are a lie.

I even RMA'd the unit and the second one did the same, which is a bit disappointing from a unit worth $100 that it would have such crap components so i went back to my $15 ebay fan controller and can run 3 fans off one socket.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo