Constant Bluescreen Loop when using XMP

cso1337

So i built this pc the other day and it has a r7 2700 so i've always been told that amd loves fast ram, so i bought a 2x8gb kit of 3600mhz ram, when i enable xmp and use "Profile 1" to get it to 3600 i get a constant bluescreen crashloop, i dont remember the error but i remember it was something about not enough power?

The ram is currently running at 2666 or something stupid even though its 3600mhz

Specs: 

Ryzen 7 2700
B450M DS3H
XFX RX580 8GB XXX GTS

16GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RipJaws
EVGA 600w BR
ssd+hdd

Go into your motherboard's BIOS settings and make sure your RAM is set to run at 1.35 volts. That's the required voltage for the RAM you have. I also had an issue similar to this where I would get random BSODs, and it turned out to be that my RAM wasn't getting enough voltage to function properly. Turning the RAM up to 3600 mhz may have caused it to become unstable because it needs more power. Let me know if this helps.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Most 2000 series Ryzen CPUs cant handle 3600MHz RAM, especialy not by just simply enabling XMP.

I don't mess with Ryzen too much, but isn't the max ram for the ryzen 7 2700 2933Mhz? Or, at least that is what it's specified for.

I build computers and networks. Fibre Optic is my only dream imaginable. 

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Home Server: 2x Xeon e5410, 64GB DDR2 ECC

9 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Go into your motherboard's BIOS settings and make sure your RAM is set to run at 1.35 volts. That's the required voltage for the RAM you have. I also had an issue similar to this where I would get random BSODs, and it turned out to be that my RAM wasn't getting enough voltage to function properly. Turning the RAM up to 3600 mhz may have caused it to become unstable because it needs more power. Let me know if this helps.

When i choose Profile 1 it automatically does 1.35v

8 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Most 2000 series Ryzen CPUs cant handle 3600MHz RAM, especialy not by just simply enabling XMP.

Well what can i do to increase it because its running at 2133mhz 

2 minutes ago, cso1337 said:

When i choose Profile 1 it automatically does 1.35v

Well what can i do to increase it because its running at 2133mhz 

just turn up the ram speed manually, or if there's a different profile that fits, do that. If it's running at 2133mhz, does it boot properly?

Studying for my CompTIA A+ and my CCNA, if you have any tips, let me know please!

Main PC: i5 8400, Saphire RX 570 4GB, ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS Gaming, 32GB 3200MHz Patriot Viper RAM, 256GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 550W Evga PSU.

Just now, callmejaccob said:

just turn up the ram speed manually, or if there's a different profile that fits, do that. If it's running at 2133mhz, does it boot properly?

It boots fine running at 2133mhz (Auto) but when i tried using profile 1 (3600mhz) constant bluscreen, ill try doing 2933 real quick but i dont think theres a way to manually change it at least not from what i saw

Just now, cso1337 said:

It boots fine running at 2133mhz (Auto) but when i tried using profile 1 (3600mhz) constant bluscreen, ill try doing 2933 real quick but i dont think theres a way to manually change it at least not from what i saw

Then it's the ram speed. There should be like an advanced options that lets you configure it.

53 minutes ago, cso1337 said:

you can adjust RAM speed, timings and voltage manually in BIOS. You should be able to get 3200MHz with manual tuning.