weird

FirestarThunder
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,

use ram in slots 2 and 4 and enable docp in bios. you don't need to adjust it manually.

so I just upgraded to the ryzen 5 3600 and I have some questions....... but heres my build:

asus tuf gaming X570-plus (Wifi) Latest Bios 1405

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 overclocked to 3.95GHz

GSkill trident Zneo 3600 (For some reason, they wont higher than 2866)

Sabrent rocket 256 gb m.2 nvme ssd 3rd gen

650 watt Corsair semi modular power supply

msi radeon r9 390 gaming OC Edition (overclocked further to 1130MHz memory to 1600MHz)

I want to know why my ram wont go higher, I tried one step at a time up to 3000MHz and it crashed after about 2.5 min at that, so I put it at 2866MHz, and I have tried overclocking further, but failed, but for some reason I also under the default settings cant get it to boost any further than 4.02GHz. finally, I dont mean to be mean, but the pc also glitches out sometimes for no apparent reason, could this be from my os, or hardware? I also run virtual machines, could this effect anything in the background? This is the first AMD build that I have ever had, so I dont know how to correct or fix them. also its weird for task manager to do this too.........

the photo with task manager with the blank for a graph is what started to get my attention first, it started doing this after I did some stuff earlier with vrms, but the one with the graphs is when I opened it for the second time right after the other and showing the clock speed of the cpu. Finally the third showing the ammount and speed of the ram.

thanks for your time!!!!!

task manager goof.jpg

Task manager2.jpg

final.jpg

25 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

use ram in slots 2 and 4 and enable docp in bios. you don't need to adjust it manually.

I will try, I will tell you if it does

33 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it worked, thanks!!! I didnt realize that that was the problem with the ram, guess I still have a lot to learn.

Just now, FirestarThunder said:

it worked, thanks!!! I didnt realize that that was the problem with the ram, guess I still have a lot to learn.

Glad it worked. Can you please mark it as solved so others can find it when they have the same issue?

* Thread moved to the Troubleshooting section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, boggy77 said:

That also fixed the cpu overclock that I wanted:-) thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! Now I have it running at 4.2GHz