King of Displays(?)

PCDesignerRy

Ok, let's talk serious about displays for a minute. I'm coming from my Asus PG348Q, a good solid monitor, but with the new build I'm rising up into the stratosphere with my selection of parts and the monitor I've got in my sights is.... (drumroll)...

The MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR

This monstrous monitor has a 144Hz curved 3440x1440 display with HDR400 and a 1ms response time. I'm interested to know if anyone else is running this display, and what you know about it, what you think about it, do you like it, do you hate it, do you hate the pricetag of this monitor, and if you didn't go with this, what display would you choose instead? 

Everything I've done with my computer build so far is well-documented at: 
My Thermaltake Home Profile
SPECKS!! ...specs: 
Case: Thermaltake W200
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike
CPU: i9-9900KS
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i RGB
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4-3200 32GB
GPU: Asus Strix 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair Ax1200i
System Drive: Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB x4

Display: Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 100Hz
Sound: SoundBlaster Katana X
Network: CAT8 Cabling & Wifi6
Keyboard and Mouse: Redragon K556 RGB & Redragon M711 Cobra
Case Fans: Primarily Noctua 140mm 3000RPM 
Case Fan Controller: Lamptron FC-8 8 Channel
Cosmetic Light Appeal: Remote Controlled Light Bars x2

I dislike 21:9 monitors and I would never spend over $800 on a single monitor anyway... also I don't like curved displays. So I guess it's a "no" from me...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

I dislike 21:9 monitors and I would never spend over $800 on a single monitor anyway... also I don't like curved displays. So I guess it's a "no" from me...

Would you care to name a monitor you would go with? 

Everything I've done with my computer build so far is well-documented at: 
My Thermaltake Home Profile
SPECKS!! ...specs: 
Case: Thermaltake W200
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike
CPU: i9-9900KS
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i RGB
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4-3200 32GB
GPU: Asus Strix 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair Ax1200i
System Drive: Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB x4

Display: Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 100Hz
Sound: SoundBlaster Katana X
Network: CAT8 Cabling & Wifi6
Keyboard and Mouse: Redragon K556 RGB & Redragon M711 Cobra
Case Fans: Primarily Noctua 140mm 3000RPM 
Case Fan Controller: Lamptron FC-8 8 Channel
Cosmetic Light Appeal: Remote Controlled Light Bars x2

7 minutes ago, PCDesignerRy said:

Would you care to name a monitor you would go with? 

I like my LG 27UD68

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 hours ago, PCDesignerRy said:

Ok, let's talk serious about displays for a minute. I'm coming from my Asus PG348Q, a good solid monitor, but with the new build I'm rising up into the stratosphere with my selection of parts and the monitor I've got in my sights is.... (drumroll)...

The MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR

This monstrous monitor has a 144Hz curved 3440x1440 display with HDR400 and a 1ms response time. I'm interested to know if anyone else is running this display, and what you know about it, what you think about it, do you like it, do you hate it, do you hate the pricetag of this monitor, and if you didn't go with this, what display would you choose instead? 

In all honesty when i read the title i immediately thought of the FW900 :P  ..then the CX 48" ..not once did a LCD display come to mind ..kinda says it all ehh..

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

15 hours ago, PCDesignerRy said:

The MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR

If you think any of these gaming monitors are "king of displays",

well you've been living under a rock, their image quality is just hilariously inadequate.

Look up OLED and dual-layer LCD