Recommendations for alright headphones?

Hello, I am in search of 1 pair of headphones/headset for the purpose of day to day video viewing and browsing the internet.

I will give details about everything that i think is worth giving. If a detail is not specified and you consider it might make you recommend one product over another, then just recommend both and say which does what. I will pick in the end. I basically just need a pointer in the right direction.

I do video editing as a hobby and will in the future look into creating music, but don't let the music creation mean anything since I don't have any significant budget right now that will make this purchase matter.

You do NOT. IN ANY. MANNER. OF CURIOSITY. wish to see what i am using right now for listening to stuff. It would make audio fans puke... so i need this right now, I dont have the option to wait to get money to get something better.

Here's what I had before starting to use the mysterious monstruosity above: A pos 10$ usb headset that had electronic staticky noise that corresponded to what I was currently doing on the pc every time. For example when I had the xsplit window up, it went crazy. When I stood idle it didn't do much but it was still annoying. The mic on that crap wasn't even working... Then came a day not too long ago when it created 'power surges in the usb ports' which made all my connected usb devices stop working completely which made me hard-reset my PC every time. Funny, because win7 told me to 'click here to solve the problem'... with what mouse lol. Replugging stuff would not work, the usb ports were simply playing dead. The power surges happened because of me slightly moving the cable from time to time which caused the middle part of it (the volume and mute control) to somehow lose and regain electrical contact which did what it did... Thank god it didn't burn my PC into a crisp.

Before the above 10$ pos i had a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 which i loved for my first headset ever. It didn't have static when idle or when playing music at 100% volume, sounds were crisp and i could easily ignore the minute distorsions in sounds which i would hear only if i specifically listened for it. I was hunky dory until it broke not too long ago as well. First, the middle controller part, again, lost contact to the microphone wire and it created static in the mic input when recording while moving the wire. Fixed that with some resoddering, welding and whatnot. Some time passed and eventually the whole thing stopped working because it had a hole in the wire protection thing surrounding it which eventually with wear and tear caused the wire to completely break. RIP. 'distorsions' may sound bad, but i honestly never felt they were there outside of specifically listening for them.

IF I'll get to buying a 3.5mm jack headset, it will be sticked into the onboard sound card of a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H. So, yeah... no sound card. If you feel like "ZIS IZ UNACCEPTABLE"... then feel free to point to the cheapest soundcard that will make an actual difference with a set of the price below... which i wont buy for some time anyhow.

So, here are some requirements/preferences in order of importance:

1. Since I'm from Romania(Europe), taxes apply and prices vary widely from ;70$ in usa to 75$-here; to ;45$ in usa to 75$-here;, so it's weird... In this case, I would ask you to give at least 2 recommandations, one being at most 50$ or under and the other being at most 70$ or under from the USA market. IT CAN NOT BE MORE THAN 70$, THATS WHAT I HAVE. If you can bother and be an overly nice person, you could see the price of your product in romanian currency on romanian retail shops and whatnot.(250 RONs is the max)
  2. As you can tell, there were problems with the middle controller part in both cases. So I'll have to ask to NOT give recommendations that have that stupid middle-of-the-wire controller bullcrap. If everything else about the headphones is great and the durability of it is so that the middle part will not be the first to break, then by all means... otherwise if you are unsure, no weak links in the wire chain pls. So yeah, the longer they last the better.
  3. No static when idle pls, and if attainable in this price point, no static when set at 100% volume while no sounds are playing. The LX-3000 was capable of this and much more, as stated above, and it's currently priced only at 37$ here. If you intend on pointing me to the cheapest soundcard which will for sure improve the quality of the sound overall, then the static can be ignored. Though, i'd prefer this to be good as it is coming alone.
  4. They can be either closed or open headphones. Since it's a priority list, the above are more important to me. The fact is the open type ones are the better sounding, so i guess you could recommend around that.
  5. A microphone is optional. If it has it, I don't care, If it's crappy, I don't care. If it doesn't have one, I don't caaaaare.
  6. Either 3.5mm jack or usb is alright.

Thanks in advance. This was written at 5AM... so if this seems 'a bit off', it's because of that, will check back after sleep.

Edit: added the detail that the pos headset was usb. Also, i never use frontpanel ANYTHING.

Added the type of headphones, open/closed in the priority list.

7506, tried and try for over 25ish years, should be in your country for in your budget, if not, T400. 
No need for a soundcard (waste of cash anyway)

The static noise you describe that changes according to what your PC is doing is interference from the system, and will not be fixed with a new headphone.  Unless is another USB headset like the LX-3000 you had.

BUT, I had that exact same problem, and a while ago after I redid some of the wires in my system the noise disappeared, I would think some wire was too close to another and that caused the noise.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

The static noise you describe that changes according to what your PC is doing is interference from the system, and will not be fixed with a new headphone. 

BUT, I had that exact same problem, and a while ago after I redid some of the wires in my system the noise disappeared, I would think some wire was too close to another and that caused the noise.

(already low blood pressure is low, can hardly read.)

Could be that he is using front panel? Can't read lots of text right now, so you can for me. 

(already low blood pressure is low, can hardly read.)

Could be that he is using front panel? Can't read lots of text right now, so you can for me. 

Could be, he said that the headphones he is using now have the problem, I would think he didn't bother to try the back connectors.  Before he was using a USB headset, so the noise could have always been there, he just wasn't using the onboard audio.

Could be, he said that the headphones he is using now have the problem, I would think he didn't bother to try the back connectors.  Before he was using a USB headset, so the noise could have always been there, he just wasn't using the onboard audio.

Then I guess we can suggest going around back before buying anything. 

Then I guess we can suggest going around back before buying anything. 

Yes, although he did said he is using a cheap $10 headphone, I would think he wants something a little better. :lol:

Yes, although he did said he is using a cheap $10 headphone, I would think he wants something a little better. :lol:

One of the parts that I did catch was production purposes. 

Corsair Vengeance 1500's lol > i love em

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

One of the parts that I did catch was production purposes. 

He does video editing as a hobby and want to begin toying with music creation.  I would like to know what motherboard he has before thinking what kind of headphone would work.

He does video editing as a hobby and want to begin toying with music creation.  I would like to know what motherboard he has before thinking what kind of headphone would work.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Corsair Vengeance 1500's lol > i love em

Gross beyond reason.

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

And now I can't read...

And here i thought people would read the whole thing before speculating. 

People say to little => we have no idea what you want

People say too much => we post 6 seconds after the topic is created with speculations.

Screw this, im going to sleep.

People say too much => we post 6 seconds after the topic is created with speculations.

Brother I have a hardcore reading disability and am currently mostly blind. 

I'm trying. 

And now I can't read...

GG, its new enough that we won't have to worry for most, if not all headphones in his budget. 

First of all, not all headphones are available in all countries. What are some online shops you can link to me in Romania.

The static when idle is mostly due to the motherboard audio. If your other headphones didn't have it, then you won't have an issue with other headphones.

And most importantly, do you want closed or open headphones?

Closed= will block out outside noise and not bother others in the room 

Open= will not block out outside noise, and will bother others in the room, however soundstage (perception of depth) is better. 

I have no idea how to look for prices in romania, max is $70 or 250 in local currency.   I'm gonna guess that would be around a price of $50 in USA?  Probably less.

Open= will not block out outside noise, and will bother others in the room, however soundstage (perception of depth) is better. 

Mentioned budding studio usages, so closed would be a better bet. 

I'm not sure how the ATH-M30 work for music creation, on that price range the only other headset I have tried is the HD 419.

First of all, not all headphones are available in all countries. What are some online shops you can link to me in Romania.

The static when idle is mostly due to the motherboard audio. If your other headphones didn't have it, then you won't have an issue with other headphones.

Thanks for being reasonable in your questions. http://www.pcgarage.ro/casti Though you do not at all need to be overly nice. As I stated " I basically just need a pointer in the right direction." and i'll pick them based on what you describe and what i like the most from what you describe.

You must not know that both the lx3000 and the other headset are USB based, so not much interference should happen in the first place, plus before using the mutants im using right now i never used the onboard audio. And these do not have static as bad, if at all, as the 10$ pos usb one.

Yes, I knew i forgot to specify something in the list of priorities, despite what i said in the beginning. I updated the list with this detail. As you describe the open type ones, they are the best for quality. There isn't anybody to bother around me.

Do any nearby countries have Bay vendors that'll ship to Romania? Prices on that website you linked are wicked high...

Do any nearby countries have Bay vendors that'll ship to Romania? Prices on that website you linked are wicked high...

playing around with Romanian customs is not something I heard I should be doing. Unless someone outside buys something and then sends it to me as a 'gift', there will be a 25% import tax... so everything that I buy that has to be delivered from outside will basically cost as much as on that website if not more. That website is one of the best and cheapest for PC components delivery and management around here. Plus the customs tend to hold hostage or confiscate your stuff from time to time.

I can't read romanian but http://www.thomann.de/ro/index.html is a highly recommended audio gear website if you live in Europe. I've used it to buy stuff and I live in Finland and there has been no problems. You should take a look and see if they can ship to you without any extra (although I think they might include any taxes on the order itself so there shouldn't be any problems with customs).

As for recommendations, check out the Superlux headphones, such as HD-681 EVO.

I can't read romanian but http://www.thomann.de/ro/index.html is a highly recommended audio gear website if you live in Europe. I've used it to buy stuff and I live in Finland and there has been no problems. You should take a look and see if they can ship to you without any extra (although I think they might include any taxes on the order itself so there shouldn't be any problems with customs).

As for recommendations, check out the Superlux headphones, such as HD-681 EVO.

Ah yes! Why didn't I check Thomann?

ATH-T400 gets my vote (link to review in my signature), but Superlux is a good brand too. They even have headsets that'd fit in your budget if you needed a mic, but I know you don't caaaare. :)