Problem with power supply

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
6 minutes ago, Harsh0748 said:

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? 

Appears one of the pins on the cable that connects the charging port to the motherboard shorted out. You'd best order a replacement cable as it could continue to do this, or even catch fire. Since you've already taken apart the laptop, there will be a part number on the cable somewhere you can pop into Amazon, eBay, or just Google to see where you might be able to purchase one.

So I was playing r6 and noticed a huge fps drop (it happens when ac power in gets disconnected) and there was no electricity outage( it's common in the area I live in). I checked out my ac power adapter and it was not overheated. I checked around and finally decided to open up my laptop (I usually open it up to clean out the dust in the vent and fan) and noticed the cable connecting power in and the motherboard was disconnected and I found out one of the pin sorted out , I don't know what to do and I don't have a reliable repair center nearby , I connected the cable and then the charger , it worked as laptop booted up (I removed the battery) and the charging light lit up . Can anyone shed some light on the situation? 

IMG_20200224_040211.jpg

IMG_20200224_040200.jpg

IMG_20200224_040154.jpg

6 minutes ago, Harsh0748 said:

Can anyone shed some light on the situation? 

Appears one of the pins on the cable that connects the charging port to the motherboard shorted out. You'd best order a replacement cable as it could continue to do this, or even catch fire. Since you've already taken apart the laptop, there will be a part number on the cable somewhere you can pop into Amazon, eBay, or just Google to see where you might be able to purchase one.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

22 hours ago, kirashi said:

I searched online for the cable serial number it is like 30$ , is this price expensive or cheap?

Edit: well I contacted hp and the cable will be replaced with my battery as It apparently died within a week (sad as no gaming this week)