Titan RTX or 2080 ti for VR flight simulations

Butwhy292

I'm a flight sim enthusiast that has a couple friends in the aeronautical industry who have recently tried my DCS VR set-up. They've been looking into upgrading their current instrument training sim with a VR HMD and are curious if there would be enough of a performance increase to justify the slightly bonkers cost of the Titan RTX over the 2080 ti.  I run a 9900K@5.1 on the core DCS is assigned to, they would do the same due to their current program only using a single CPU core (as does DCS). I'm running a water cooled MSI gaming trio 2080 ti at stock speed due to a Valve index driver glitch and get pretty spectacular results 60-120 FPS on high settings, ( can't run overdrive in the background and get the valve to connect to the GPU, different frustrating topic for another day). This is why I opted out of running a SLI set-up as well.  

So, the $3,400 question (Canadian cash monies). Would the 24gb of DDR6 in the Titan RTX perform better than the 2080 ti?  The caveat here would be that this isn't for an individual but a company, they are capable of spending more. 

Thanks in advanced!

I can't really see any reason that would justify the $3400 for the Titan in this case, when you already have a 2080Ti; I really wouldn't expect it to perform noticeably better. If anything, probably Ampere will offer a bigger performance boost and at a lower price too, whenever those launch.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC