MOD m72e Tiny Lenovo

daanav

Hello Community,

I bought an old m72e Tiny. I want to add another fan to the housing. But I could only find one Fan Header where the stock cooler is connected. 

Is it possible to connect another fan to this motherboard?

1556914063603403344975.thumb.jpg.551849a46b5674e015bea028dc090dd5.jpg.1efc064ab6f15c980b75a480c96de8d4.jpg

Just now, daanav said:

Hello Community,

I bought an old m72e Tiny. I want to add another fan to the housing. But I could only find one Fan Header where the stock cooler is connected. 

Is it possible to connect another fan to this motherboard?

Long as it's a relatively low power fan you could splice into the original fan connection or get what looks like a JST lead to make a fan splitter. Another option would be to take power directly from the connection coming from the wall long as it's 12V and not 19V like a laptop. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Long as it's a relatively low power fan you could splice into the original fan connection or get what looks like a JST lead to make a fan splitter. Another option would be to take power directly from the connection coming from the wall long as it's 12V and not 19V like a laptop. 

Thanks for replying. I got two questions to your answer

1. What exactly is a low power fan? 

2. How to take power directly from the wall

10 minutes ago, daanav said:

Thanks for replying. I got two questions to your answer

1. What exactly is a low power fan? 

2. How to take power directly from the wall

Depends on the fan you are using as they all variy but definitely not trying to plug in a server fan or one of those 3K RPM Delta fans. 

For the power adapter since those PC's use a power brick depending on the voltage of your power brick if it is 12V you can get a splitter and tap off power before it goes into the computer to then wire up your own connection. 

Both of these will require some soldering and basic electrical work.