Acer Swift 3 (i5-8250U, MX150) Ultrabook Review

Muhlis

Hi,

Recently I bought the Acer Swift 3, which I liked and take the opportunity to make a review video of it.

The specs are:

i5-8250U processor

Nvidia MX150 GPU

4 GB DDR4 RAM

256 GB SSD

15.6-inch screen

It has a fingerprint sensor, backlit keyboard, and USB-C port.

Here is the review video of it (you may turn on the subtitles):

What do you think of this laptop? Would it be a good laptop for those looking for a budget-friendly laptop?

Thanks for reading this and if you watched the video.

25 minutes ago, Muhlis Gursoy said:

4 GB DDR4 RAM

Everything I can find pegs this laptop around $600. There is no reason to be spending anywhere near that much on a laptop with only 4GB preinstalled in 2020. Even if it's upgradeable with a second slot, there's no good reason to buy that and no excuse for manufacturers to ship it. The only devices with 4GB of RAM that should still be purchased for more than $150 are Chromebooks (which you really shouldn't purchase at all), tablets and phones. No Windows laptop should be shipped with less than 8GB of RAM these days, period, rant over.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

17 hours ago, aisle9 said:

There is no reason to be spending anywhere near that much on a laptop with only 4GB preinstalled in 2020. 

I agree with you (as I mentioned at the end of the video), 4 GB of RAM in a laptop, in 2020 is a bit ridiculous. It can't handle opening a game while Chrome opened. The same laptop is being sold in other countries with 8 GB of RAM, I think they just wanted to bring down the price, especially in my country, Turkey.

But just think about it, adding an 8 GB of DDR4 just costs around $35 and getting cheaper by the time, also the laptop has the support up to 20 GB DDR4 (or additional 16 GB RAM), regarding the official manufacturer.

• 1 month later...

Bu notebooku almayı düşünüyordum.tereddütlerim vardı.Videoyonuzu izledikten sonra almaya karar verdim.Emeğiniz için teşekkür ederim.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 14 inch version and very happy with it. No dedicated GPU, but it does have 8GB of RAM. Been going strong for a few years now and never had any issues.

"Rawr XD"