Which wireless mouse?

pipnina

My Logitech G700s' wireless capabilities died many years ago, but the annoyingness of the cable constantly falling down the hole in my desk and pulling the mouse with it has rather come to a head. As great of a mouse as it is, I cannot live with it being wired any longer. I am once again asking for your suggestion support.

What I liked about my G700s:

• Large and ergonomic: I like mice I can fit my hand around without my fingers touching the mousemat. If it's small enough to grip firmly on the underside with the ends of my fingers flat to the base, it's too small for me.
  • Heavy-ish: Likely a result of being an older gaming wireless mouse, but I have always liked the heavier feeling of the mouse.
  • Ball-bearing style "unlockable" mouse wheel: looking around this seems to be fairly common among gaming mice now. But it's a must-have since it's great for web browsing and weapon change spazzing.
  • It has four programmable buttons on the side, with internal memory to store the programs: This has been very useful since I use multiple operating systems on the same machine and the internal memory has meant I don't need to set the mouse up every time I boot to a different OS. Two buttons is all I need really since I have only ever programmed two of them at a time.

My middle finger is 10.5cm from the center of the knuckle joint to my finger tip, knuckle side-to-side width (center to center of joints again) is 6.5cm, palm length is 8cm.

Not really got an upper limit to spending. Under £100 GBP would be nice though.

One of my earliest posts here was asking about mouse purchases. It seemed to do me well then :D

Thanks for before, and thanks again for any suggestions!

the G502 lightspeed and the G604 are solid choices. what are you planning to use it for?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

9 hours ago, pipnina said:

My Logitech G700s' wireless capabilities died many years ago, but the annoyingness of the cable constantly falling down the hole in my desk and pulling the mouse with it has rather come to a head. As great of a mouse as it is, I cannot live with it being wired any longer. I am once again asking for your suggestion support.

What I liked about my G700s:

• Large and ergonomic: I like mice I can fit my hand around without my fingers touching the mousemat. If it's small enough to grip firmly on the underside with the ends of my fingers flat to the base, it's too small for me.
  • Heavy-ish: Likely a result of being an older gaming wireless mouse, but I have always liked the heavier feeling of the mouse.
  • Ball-bearing style "unlockable" mouse wheel: looking around this seems to be fairly common among gaming mice now. But it's a must-have since it's great for web browsing and weapon change spazzing.
  • It has four programmable buttons on the side, with internal memory to store the programs: This has been very useful since I use multiple operating systems on the same machine and the internal memory has meant I don't need to set the mouse up every time I boot to a different OS. Two buttons is all I need really since I have only ever programmed two of them at a time.

My middle finger is 10.5cm from the center of the knuckle joint to my finger tip, knuckle side-to-side width (center to center of joints again) is 6.5cm, palm length is 8cm.

Not really got an upper limit to spending. Under £100 GBP would be nice though.

One of my earliest posts here was asking about mouse purchases. It seemed to do me well then :D

Thanks for before, and thanks again for any suggestions!

Two of the best wireless gaming mice right now are the Logitech G Pro Wireless and the Razer Viper Ultimate. Those are both above your said price limit, but they are arguably the best mice right now.

3 hours ago, Zagger said:

Two of the best wireless gaming mice right now are the Logitech G Pro Wireless and the Razer Viper Ultimate. Those are both above your said price limit, but they are arguably the best mice right now.

they indeed are great mice, but they lack the weight and the "unlockable" scroll wheel 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

7 hours ago, Zagger said:

They do both look good. Just a shame about the fact that they are both lightweight mice. They seem to have similar measurements to my current one though which may well be good for my hands.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:34 AM, pipnina said:

They do both look good. Just a shame about the fact that they are both lightweight mice. They seem to have similar measurements to my current one though which may well be good for my hands.

The razer mamba wireless is a good wireless mouse. It is 105 grams and for large hands.

2 hours ago, Axel- said:

The thing that can be negative with that mouse (Mamba TE/ Mamba Wireless) is that it’s too light and the sensor is lagging behind (For me)

i wouldn't classify the razer mamba wireless as a "very light" mouse as it still weighs over 100 grams

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler