VR performance - To upgrade or not to upgrade?

This is a long boy. Sorry.

I built my current system in January of last year. The notable parts of the build are a Ryzen 3 2200g and a Gigabyte gaming 4g RX570. The full parts list is at https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jack0f5pades/saved/NnLxGX

I recently began an endeavor of trying to get the best VR experience I could out of my current system. I bought an Oculus quest along with the Partylink cable and a pcie USB-C port expansion card to be able to play H3VR. However, most if not all of my experience has been plagued with input and frame lag, movement issues, rendering problems, artifacting, and other issues. The quest itself works fine standalone when not linked to my PC, but as soon as it is, it's like I'm stuck in a pre-alpha version of existence, where nothing is quite the way it's supposed to be. 

At first I realized that 75% of my GPU memory was being eaten by my Radeon relive playback feature, which I disabled. After that, my performance got a bit better but was still very jittery. The SteamVR performance test app says that my GPU's memory was to blame, and that I would have to upgrade my graphics card to get the best experience. However, other RX570 owners have told me that their performance was just fine, and to not go upgrading my GPU. Others said that the problem was a result of my CPU's low core and thread count compared to newer options was to blame, causing a bottleneck on what would otherwise be a perfectly functioning GPU. Others have told me that their CPUs at similar core, thread, and clock speeds were perfectly adequate. 

I began to look at my cord being faulty, which is unlikely because of its high Amazon review rating and the fact that it's specifically constructed for this purpose. Then I began to suspect my pcie expansion card, but I later realized that the problems persisted whether the cord was plugged into the expansion card or into the board with an adapter.

At this point I have no idea what is causing my jittering and lagging. I'm just trying to get as good of an output as is seen in Anton's (the H3VR dev) videos depicting his development of the game.

I'm currently considering two things: selling my quest and buying a Rift S, which is specifically designed to work while tethered to a PC. OR: Upgrade my cpu (to a 2600x) and my gpu (to an 8gb 5500xt) as well as getting a board with its own USB-C port and the official $80 oculus cable. This would be the option that is most likely to completely solve my problems, but is a drastic measure because that would be roughly a $500- $550 venture.

So, what do you think? Has anyone experienced problems like mine, or have the general knowledge to tell me if I should just cut my losses / upgrade my system or not? Thanks for your responses.

2200G is a pretty darn low end chip. I believe the upgrade path to start there, should eliminate some bottle necking for sure. 

If going thinking of 2600X, might as well get the 2700X instead have higher core frequency and thread count. Good price to performance ratio. 

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

2200G is a pretty darn low end chip. I believe the upgrade path to start there, should eliminate some bottle necking for sure. 

If going thinking of 2600X, might as well get the 2700X instead have higher core frequency and thread count. Good price to performance ratio. 

Thanks. I was only thinking of the 2600X because they're on sale for $100 at microcenter at the moment, but if I don't need to upgrade anything else then I could probably just put some more money into getting a 2700X.