The Difference Between i5 9300h & i5 9300hf?

Hello I am looking at a laptop for my friend and I found out that there's a updated laptop line up coming from Lenovo Y540. The difference that I found were only 8gb more ram and that the processor changes from i5 9300h to 9300hf. I did some fast research and Intel's page says they are identical expect the igpu and then second-hand website noted that the difference is that 9300h has turbo on one core 4.1ghz and 3.4ghz on multi core boost and 9300hf has no single core boost, but multicore boost of 4.1ghz.

So all in all my question is what is the difference between these two cpu's or is there anything noticable?

The boost should be the same on both processors, the 9300hf to have a 4.1ghz multi core boost is very unlikely.

The actual difference between those processors is that the 9300hf does not have integrated graphics, while the 9300h has a graphics processor integrated in the cpu. But considering that the Y540 is a gaming laptop with a seperate GPU anyway I don't know if that really makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, Ananasana said:

Hello I am looking at a laptop for my friend and I found out that there's a updated laptop line up coming from Lenovo Y540. The difference that I found were only 8gb more ram and that the processor changes from i5 9300h to 9300hf. I did some fast research and Intel's page says they are identical and then second-hand website noted that the difference is that 9300h has turbo on one core 4.1ghz and 3.4ghz on multi core boost and 9300hf has no single core boost, but multicore boost of 4.1ghz.

So all in all my question is what is the difference between these two cpu's or is there anything noticable?

F in Intel CPU's means no integrated graphics. If you check Intel ARK for both these CPU's, you'll see the 9300HF doesn't have a section for graphics at all.

Doesn't matter much, unless you want to conserve battery life.

The motivation behind this is because you don't have a GPU built in, the CPU package will consume less power and thus run cooler

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yea I noticed that! Wanted to be sure of the boost clock! But thanks for the information of what the F stands for!

• 3 years later...

why would intel make a laptop cpu whit out igpu i didn't even know that was something anyone would do