PC wont boot after enabling oc genie

YuvalAnteby

Hey, I got an i5 3450 and a H61 mb, its pretty old and newer games like RDR2 needed a bit more power so I tried enabling in the bios the oc genie feature.  PC made a couple of bips and turned off. I tried removing the bios battery for 5 minutes but the pc still wont post (no bios nor windows) but now there arent any bips from the mb's speaker

Ummm...remove battery and unplug from wall for 5 minutes....then add battery & plug into wall.  Then boot it up to see if you can get back into bios and undo the "oc genie".

13 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Ummm...remove battery and unplug from wall for 5 minutes....then add battery & plug into wall.  Then boot it up to see if you can get back into bios and undo the "oc genie".

As I said, I unplugged my pc and removed the battery for 5 minutes but it still doesnt post and now it doesnt beep like before reseting the bios

16 hours ago, Stu_Bear said:

Managed to boot to windows after using the jumper instead of removing the battery, now my gpu doesnt seem to work...

I got 1 long beep and 2 shorts which means a gpu problem so i swapped my gtx970 with gtx 550ti i had lying around what are the chances its totally dead?

If you can...I'd reinstall the OS and Nvidia drivers...then try the gtx970...

2 hours ago, Stu_Bear said:

If you can...I'd reinstall the OS and Nvidia drivers...then try the gtx970...

I doubt it's an os problem since I can't get to the bios or get a display when using the gtx970