Chrome vs Firefox (Android)

I have used both on desktop over the years and I've been wondering whether firefox uses less battery than chrome on android.

I prefer firefox over chrome because of the blocking tools + ability to install addons, however, I've been struggling to find any well-made comparisons of the 2 browsers in terms of power usage especially since firefox went full-quantum supernova. I shall use whichever saves more battery, so if anyone has useful information in that regard, please share! 

And if you have tips on how to optimize them both for lower battery consumption, it will be greatly appreciated! 

Also what about firefox focus? Despite it being chromium based, isn't it the same as firefox if you were to block 3rd party and tracking cookies + install uBlock Origin?

P.S. firefox without addons and disabled 3rd party cookies ofc is preferred, Ik that some addons may increase power consuption, I'm more interested in comparing the browsers in a raw-ish form.

Thanks and have a nice one! :)

Edit: I just found out that focus lets you have 1 tab, no addons, no sync and bookmarks so that's a turn off for me. Anyways, I'm focused (hah) on chrome vs firefox battery consumption.

Been running Firefox on my Mobile for years, I've never noticed any update causing additional battery usage.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Been running Firefox on my Mobile for years, I've never noticed any update causing additional battery usage.

I have noticed the multi thread support to eat ram like crazy, with memory leaks but in battery I think they trade blows

Firefox with uBlock Origin is less taxing on your battery than Chrome. Although Firefox has been glitchy and slow and laggy in my experience. 

If you are having battery issues, I would look for another cause than browser. I've used Firefox + Dolphin since Galaxy S2 and haven't notice anything related to battery draining.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv