1065g7 temperatures

okto88

Hi folks. Does anyone here own a laptop or an ultrabook with 1065g7 processor and willing to share your experience with CPU temps. I've noticed my new C940 shoot all the way up to 99 degrees before fans kick in and bring it down to 65-80 range and than it stays there with some throttling. So right now I'm trying to figure out where this is a common behavior for this CPU or not. Lenovo and Intel support chats both said this processor is never expected to go above 80 degrees meanwhile reddit users and other forums and review websites report that temperatures of 90+ degrees are common for that chipset (talking about ultrabook scenario c940/spectre x360/xps13). The whole reason for that little research is that i'm trying to figure out whether I should exchange this laptop or go with other brand or just go with it. I hope tech savvy locals or just ultrabook owners passing by can share their experiences. Thank you!

The cpu should be fine with these temps, but the behavior of the cpu fan ramping doesn‘t seem to be what lenovo wants it to do if they say it shouldn‘t go over 80C. Start of with talking to the support and state your problem, if they say its fine reference intels statement and see what happens