My First Build

Talha1122

Hello...i am going to build my first ever pc after doing some research i have found out the following parts to go for.. I wanted to ask if these are compatible with each other...and are these the better ones out there as there are others also(asus,gigbyte,msi etc) and i dont plan on upgrading any thing for 3 to 4 years...so are they future proof I am going to use the pc for gaming ,3d modeling video editing,streaming etc

.Amd ryzen 7 3700x     

.Msi b450 tomahawk     

.G skill 8x2 (3000mhz)     

.Msi ventus gtx 1660ti       

.250gb SSD samsung 860evo     

.1 tb HDD seagate barracuda   

.650w corsair power supply 80+bronze   

.Coolermaster NR600 case

Also should i go for the r5 3600...as its cheaper...but its mainly beneficial in games but i dont plan on playing any hardcore games...just some fortnite,dota,cs go etc...but my main work is video editing and 3d modeling

would personally go with faster ram, a better ssd. and which corsair PSU ?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

6 minutes ago, Talha1122 said:

Also should i go for the r5 3600...as its cheaper...but its mainly beneficial in games but i dont plan on playing any hardcore games...just some fortnite,dota,cs go etc...but my main work is video editing and 3d modeling

actually if you wanted to save money, go for the 1660 super instead of the TI. Not only is it cheaper for almost the same gaming performance, but the memory bandwidth is better which means it might actually improve your 3D modelling workflow.

You also don't need anywhere near 650 watts, a corsair CX550 would be fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

would personally go with faster ram, a better ssd. and which corsair PSU ?

What speed ram would you recommend and isnt the 860evo a good budget ssd ...the nvme is a bit overpriced for my budget

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

actually if you wanted to save money, go for the 1660 super instead of the TI. Not only is it cheaper for almost the same gaming performance, but the memory bandwidth is better which means it might actually improve your 3D modelling workflow.

I want to be future proof thats why i am going for 1660ti ....and is 650w to much as i also want to future proof it too

4 minutes ago, Talha1122 said:

I want to be future proof thats why i am going for 1660ti ....and is 650w to much as i also want to future proof it too

nothing is future proof. Like I said, the 1660 super might actually be just straight up better for you, here and now.

My own rig is in my signature down below, along with power draw. Trust me, it's very difficult to build a PC that consumes 650 watts.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 hours ago, Talha1122 said:

What speed ram would you recommend and isnt the 860evo a good budget ssd ...the nvme is a bit overpriced for my budget

where are you located?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

On 2/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, Oswin said:

where are you located?

Pakistan

1 hour ago, Talha1122 said:

Pakistan

if you are on a tight budget on the ssd then the samsung is fine, is the 3200 Mhz ram way more expensive? i would get something in the 3200mhz to 3600 mhz range

here's a video about ram speed 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

On 2/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, Fasauceome said:

A powersupply can be passed from built to built for decades so I would go with more than you need and check where its most efficient, too.  Some PSU's are more efficient at 80% of rated output and some are lower or higher in that range. 

On 2/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Talha1122 said:

.250gb SSD samsung 860evo     

.1 tb HDD seagate barracuda   

How much money will those cost you and how much would a 1TB SATA SSD cost you?

3 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

A powersupply can be passed from built to built for decades so I would go with more than you need

Decades? No. Most power supplies are not trustworthy after like 7 years, and after 10 years it's time to put it out to pasture. As for upgrade capacity, see my signature below for an example. I highly doubt OP would be building a rig that consumes over 550 Watts 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

and check where its most efficient, too.  Some PSU's are more efficient at 80% of rated output and some are lower or higher in that range. 

The difference is so tiny that it doesn't matter at all. Overspending for that "sweet spot" doesn't yield any benefit.

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Most power supplies are not trustworthy after like 7 years, and after 10 years it's time to put it out to pasture. As for upgrade capacity, see my signature below for an example.

I would never recommend someone cheap out on their power supply.  Just because current hardware is so efficient doesn't mean it's going to stay that way and what if SLI makes an unlikely come back?  A 500watt power supply will limit their hardware in the future.   I wouldn't throw away a good power supply just because it's 7 years old. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

I would never recommend someone cheap out on their power supply.  Just because current hardware is so efficient doesn't mean it's going to stay that way and what if SLI makes an unlikely come back?  A 500watt power supply will limit their hardware in the future.   I wouldn't throw away a good power supply just because it's 7 years old. 

Buying a less expensive version of the same power supply is not "cheaping out," it's budget friendly. I can never advise "future proofing" by getting a more expensive PSU, because it's money spent that doesn't go towards any benefit

Primary PC:

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I can never advise "future proofing" by getting a more expensive PSU, because it's money spent that doesn't go towards any benefit

The price range for PSU isn't large so spending an extra $20 isn't going to kill anyone. 

Just now, BobbyPdue said:

The price range for PSU isn't large so spending an extra $20 isn't going to kill anyone. 

my point is that it's a wasted $20

that's like a whole 4 subway sandwiches!

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

my point is that it's a wasted $20

$20 isn't wasted if a larger PSU is needed during the next upgrade. $20 is a lot cheaper than another $80 to $100.