Best graphics card for gaming

vujs

Hello, I live in Thailand and I am buiding my first pc at the end of the month, here is my build. Please do not judge my parts too much the shipping price to here is awful and they put extra costs on the orders all the time. anyways onto the question, I am contemplating which graphics card to buy. It is between the 5700 XT, the 2060 super or the 2070 super. I will mostly be playing games and the games I will be playing are Rainbow, CSGO, Overwatch and fortnite (typical 13 year old games) at 1080p mostly competetive settings. I asked the most well known pc part store here and they said something along the lines of that because of the 5700 XT's high temperatures and the fact that I live in Thailand, the 5700 XT will have even higher temperatures and the drivers are harder to use than nvidia's. I am very new to pc building and I am not that good with driver stuff but I know that the 5700 XT is more bang for the buck. Oh and one more important factor is that I will probably have something recording my gameplay most of the time and might occasionally stream. So to conclude which graphics card would you recommend and I would love to know why. If you have read this far thank you for reading the whole thing and any answers are really appreciated since I don't really want to make to many mistakes that I will regret later on.

Thanks again and have a great day!

All of the cards you mentioned are more than enough for the games you mentioned. I don't know much about the streaming part but NVIDIA has NVENC of course. I would probably settle with a 2060 SUPER but if you want to future proof yourself and spend a bit more money go ahead and buy the 2070 SUPER. As for the 5700 XT, is'nt the thermal problems only related to the refrence model?

If you really just play this kind of games, you can go with an ever lower cost gpu honestly.

Other than that, you are set with an 5700 XT.

The 5700 XT's themal problems are only with the reference model, and trust me they are bad. I have one in the UK and it overheats all the time. Steer clear of the reference model but other than that they are great cards

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 14TB combined HDD | macOS 14 Ventura, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 16.5 with Dopamine 2 + Trollstore 2

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

2 minutes ago, soxsure said:

If you really just play this kind of games, you can go with an ever lower cost gpu honestly.

Other than that, you are set with an 5700 XT.

3 minutes ago, EasyQ said:

All of the cards you mentioned are more than enough for the games you mentioned. I don't know much about the streaming part but NVIDIA has NVENC of course. I would probably settle with a 2060 SUPER but if you want to future proof yourself and spend a bit more money go ahead and buy the 2070 SUPER. As for the 5700 XT, is'nt the thermal problems only related to the refrence model?

Yes I know it is a bit overkill but I forgot to mention I will also be playing rust and I am going to try to get 240 fps on all the games except for rust. I recall that I heard that the 5700XT has some driver issues or is that fixed? Also I might play rust on 1440p 144hz, 

3 minutes ago, Guiltyx said:

The 5700 XT's themal problems are only with the reference model, and trust me they are bad. I have one in the UK and it overheats all the time. Steer clear of the reference model but other than that they are great cards

Oh ok thanks so you think I should go with the 5700 XT, also is it easy to record gameplay with it? As for the 5700 XT I am going for I have researched a little bit and found that the gigabyte one is pretty solid so if I get a 5700 XT I am pretty sure that is the one I am going for

10 minutes ago, vujs said:

Oh ok thanks so you think I should go with the 5700 XT, also is it easy to record gameplay with it? As for the 5700 XT I am going for I have researched a little bit and found that the gigabyte one is pretty solid so if I get a 5700 XT I am pretty sure that is the one I am going for

I have used mine to stream/record both an Xbox and the PC screen and both times it worked perfectly. The Gigabyte one will stay cool and when you get your system and build it, install MSI Afterburner and set a fan curve to help keep it cool, as the AMD drivers are crap.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 14TB combined HDD | macOS 14 Ventura, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

5 minutes ago, Guiltyx said:

I have used mine to stream/record both an Xbox and the PC screen and both times it worked perfectly. The Gigabyte one will stay cool and when you get your system and build it, install MSI Afterburner and set a fan curve to help keep it cool, as the AMD drivers are crap.

I thought I might not have to set a custom one due to the three fans but can I just change the fan speed or would it be better to use a custom fan curve? By the way thanks for all of the help!

6 minutes ago, vujs said:

I thought I might not have to set a custom one due to the three fans but can I just change the fan speed or would it be better to use a custom fan curve? By the way thanks for all of the help!

You can just manually change the fan speed, I just find it easier to have a fan curve as you can have it customized. If you want to you can disable it at any time though