No boot with GPU installed. Possible Motherboard issue maybe?

Hello.

I've been trying to resolve this issue that I'm having.

Here's my PC specs.

CPU = A4 6300

Ram = 8 gb (2x4GB) rip jaw DDR3-1866

PSU = (Not sure with the brand (cant look at it im not home)) but it is 80+bronze 550w

GPU = RX 570 4GB

MOBO = Asus A58m-E

*Major bottleneck I know. :) I'm planning to upgrade to Ryzen 5 3500X soon. I just bought the GPU first so I could at least game better than just using the A4-6300.

The issue is that whenever I put in the GPU, it will not boot. I tried the basic troubleshooting steps like, reset bios, unplug all connection from the MOBO, etc, Sometimes it will power on (Will light up/fans spin) then power off right away.

When I remove the GPU and reset the bios again, it will boot with just the APU.

The weird thing is that am able to make the whole system work by hot plugging the RX570 to my motherboard and I am able to use / game without any issues. Until I turn off the PC and it's the whole ordeal all over again. I have no issue when I just do a restart though the whole system boots back up like normal.

I suspect that the PSU not giving enough power to the GPU to boot correctly. I can't confirm it since I only have 1 PSU available (the one installed)

I appreciate any help that you could provide.

Thanks in advance!

im thinking it could be a psu problem, did you happen to get your psu from microcenter?  their brand is powerspec, its known for not being reliable when being pushed to its limits, that could be the problem if it is the case.

A 550w PSU should be sufficient for your build, you're sure its 550w? You know the wattage but you don't know the brand? And you're connecting the 8-pin power connection to the GPU correct?

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

Thanks for the reply Guys. I just got home to check, PSU is FSP HEXA+ 550.

It does not have an 8 pin connector but has 6+2. So I'm using that. Here are some photos of my PSU. (Pardon the dust) :) Thanks again for the help.IMG_20200206_233210.thumb.jpg.263c6382a09f8422d32ae1c98eae37a9.jpg

IMG_20200206_233201.jpg

3 hours ago, s0rter said:

Hello.

I've been trying to resolve this issue that I'm having.

Here's my PC specs.

CPU = A4 6300

Ram = 8 gb (2x4GB) rip jaw DDR3-1866

PSU = (Not sure with the brand (cant look at it im not home)) but it is 80+bronze 550w

GPU = RX 570 4GB

MOBO = Asus A58m-E

*Major bottleneck I know. :) I'm planning to upgrade to Ryzen 5 3500X soon. I just bought the GPU first so I could at least game better than just using the A4-6300.

The issue is that whenever I put in the GPU, it will not boot. I tried the basic troubleshooting steps like, reset bios, unplug all connection from the MOBO, etc, Sometimes it will power on (Will light up/fans spin) then power off right away.

When I remove the GPU and reset the bios again, it will boot with just the APU.

The weird thing is that am able to make the whole system work by hot plugging the RX570 to my motherboard and I am able to use / game without any issues. Until I turn off the PC and it's the whole ordeal all over again. I have no issue when I just do a restart though the whole system boots back up like normal.

I suspect that the PSU not giving enough power to the GPU to boot correctly. I can't confirm it since I only have 1 PSU available (the one installed)

I appreciate any help that you could provide.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah old AMD stuff is just crap. Wait it out until you can get Ryzen.

I would say your issue is related to the power supply. I have never seen that brand before. The PSU is the most important part of any computer, an unreliable one can create permanent damage to the rest of our components. I recommend upgrading to an EVGA or Corsair 500w or more.

But before that, plug the GPU back in, attach the 8 pin power connection. Boot the PC and let it idle for about 15 minutes. If there's no image after 20 minutes power down the PC with the power button and try again. The purpose of this is to give Windows time to automatically install a driver. This happened to me when I first installed my Vega. It took about 15 minutes before an image appeared on first boot with the Vega.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz