UK security experts admit same risks exist with all foreign telecoms, as Huawei is approved for EU and beyond

Delicieuxz
4 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Paranoid much?

Why would you ever want to trust your government? Even if there was zero evidence that your given government had ever done anything shady/outright illegal (and spoilers, no government is that innocent), there's absolutely no benefit to blindly trusting an administrative body that holds legal away over you. 

Any government can become corrupt, any government official can do things with or without good intent that wind up stripping away rights from its citizens. The only way to counter it is to constantly be critical and at least mildly suspicious of the moves the administration makes. Doesn't mean you need to go full conspiracy theorist over ever little issue, but actually trusting them? Hell no. 

6 minutes ago, Waffles13 said:

Why would you ever want to trust your government? Even if there was zero evidence that your given government had ever done anything shady/outright illegal (and spoilers, no government is that innocent), there's absolutely no benefit to blindly trusting an administrative body that holds legal away over you. 

Any government can become corrupt, any government official can do things with or without good intent that wind up stripping away rights from its citizens. The only way to counter it is to constantly be critical and at least mildly suspicious of the moves the administration makes. Doesn't mean you need to go full conspiracy theorist over ever little issue, but actually trusting them? Hell no. 

I don't trust my government which is why I make fun of them every chance I get. I literally follow Snowden on Twitter, that puts me on one watchlist at least. But, I really like having protection and the stability offered. I'm willing to cooperate until they piss me off. I'm not an anarchist and blindly following their word is just as damaging. But, you cannot let fear of others control your life. The government only has as much power as the people allow it, regardless of who is running the show.

Edited by FakeCIA

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

I don't trust my government which is why I make fun of them every chance I get. I literally follow Snowden on Twitter, that puts me on one watchlist at least. But, I really like having protection and the stability offered. I'm willing to cooperate until they piss me off. I'm not an anarchist and blindly following their word is just as damaging.

I never said you can't to appreciate them or believe that they are absolutely essential for a prosperous society. Just that constant vigililance is necessary to make sure that they keep actually doing to job that they are needed for and don't push into all sorts of other destructive BS like they seem to always want to do. 

5 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

follow

You are probably opening yourself up to being tracked now.

Just now, Waffles13 said:

I never said you can't to appreciate them or believe that they are absolutely essential for a prosperous society. Just that constant vigililance is necessary to make sure that they keep actually doing to job that they are needed for and don't push into all sorts of other destructive BS like they seem to always want to do. 

Which is why we have the Freedom of the Press Act which gives organizations like the Tor Project and Mozilla, as well as regular citizens the power to criticize the government and to block certain actions.

2 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Freedom of the Press Act

Too much fake news in todays society.

Cant trust news outlets.

3 minutes ago, greenmax said:

You are probably opening yourself up to being tracked now.

I don't care much. The most they'll find on this laptop is the absurd amount of Wednesday memes. All of my personal stuff is stored elsewhere.

1 minute ago, greenmax said:

Too much fake news in todays society.

Cant trust news outlets.

Not all news outlets are bad or "faking" news. There are some out there that are very objective like Inside Edition and the VOA. They rely on multiple sources and are funded by donations. The VOA is funded in part by the U.S. government, but they aren't run in any way by them. Inside Edition does tend to report, sometimes, on things that don't really matter, but overall, they have a good track record.

6 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Not all news outlets are bad or "faking" news. There are some out there that are very objective like Inside Edition and the VOA. They rely on multiple sources and are funded by donations. The VOA is funded in part by the U.S. government, but they aren't run in any way by them. Inside Edition does tend to report, sometimes, on things that don't really matter, but overall, they have a good track record.

As a side note, the VOA also uses the Tor Network so you can securely submit a story without being tracked.