Back panel audio jack questions

Nanley

Hello everyone. I'm often changing from speakers to headphones back and forth many times. I want to have them both active. Yes, I can plug headphones to the front panel, but because doing that turns off speakers I need to unplug it to listen to speakers. I don't want to plug them in and out every 10 minutes... My rear panel layout has only one jack for either speakers or headphones. Others are: mic, side speakers, rear speakers and subwoofer - page 22 in the manual https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B89v1.0.pdf

Is there a way to connect both speakers and headphones to rear panel without using jack splitter? Can i change jack function somehow? Do i need realtek control console for it?

The Realtek HD Audio manager will have an option somewhere to let speakers work while headphones are plugged in. There should also be a 2nd option which lets you configure the headphones as independent audio output (so you can configure the audio player to output sound to headphones, and a game for example or any other application/game to default to speakers).

See page 23 in the manual, check the Advanced Settings icon ....

The outputs in the back are configurable, but you can select one of the possible roles (mic, line in, stereo out, sides out, center+sw out etc) ... you probably can't configure two outputs to stereo out.

You can get a stereo splitter/adapter and then plug both speakers and headphones on the same stereo out connector.

Ok, thank you. I'll just get splittler cable. It's much easier and simple solution.