Help Please, Constant Lag

W!LD

Does anyone recognize the cause of/know how to fix lag like this? It's nearly constant and I've about had it. Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, didn't know where else to go. Sorry.

Edit: Specs are: R7 2700x on B450 Aorus Elite, Strix 1660ti, Sabrent Rocket 512gb, Corsair Vengeance RGB pro (3200 cas16), Corsair CX 550

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

need more info 

- Specs? 

- What did you do to fix it? 

R7 2700x on B450 Aorus Elite, Strix 1660ti, Sabrent Rocket 512gb, Corsair Vengeance RGB pro (3200 cas16)

I've reinstalled the game, restarted computer upon issue beginning, lowered ram speed, lowered GPU OC, I just don't know what else to do and I'm frustrated.

3 hours ago, W!LD said:

R7 2700x on B450 Aorus Elite, Strix 1660ti, Sabrent Rocket 512gb, Corsair Vengeance RGB pro (3200 cas16)

I've reinstalled the game, restarted computer upon issue beginning, lowered ram speed, lowered GPU OC, I just don't know what else to do and I'm frustrated.

- DDU-  Clean install drivers 

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

- turn off all OC 

- Run the game only without any other programs. 

- see if your BIOS is up to date 

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "lag"? Video seems normal, you have constant 200+ fps, I can't see any stutters or rubberbanding that could be network related.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "lag"? Video seems normal, you have constant 200+ fps, I can't see any stutters or rubberbanding that could be network related.

Maybe it’s not as obvious to someone who doesn’t play the game consistently, but watch the ball jerk around when it’s hit by someone who isn’t me. Or my car react in weird ways when hitting the ground/another player

3 hours ago, W!LD said:

Maybe it’s not as obvious to someone who doesn’t play the game consistently, but watch the ball jerk around when it’s hit by someone who isn’t me. Or my car react in weird ways when hitting the ground/another player

Whats your ping like when it happens? That would be pretty much what connection issues look like (warping).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, W!LD said:

That's a network connection problem, not your computer.

43 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Whats your ping like when it happens? That would be pretty much what connection issues look like (warping).

26 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

That's a network connection problem, not your computer.

That's the thing - Rocket League, and a third party program, both display consistently low ping even when the issue occurs. I'm connected via ethernet over cat6a. Can display internet speed tests if you want, I have decently fast internet, performing as normal.

43 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Also, forget to mention that if you still can't see it, watch boost pads (the yellow things) when I drive over them. They won't appear in the meter on the bottom right until way after I've driven over them.

3 minutes ago, W!LD said:

That's the thing - Rocket League, and a third party program, both display consistently low ping even when the issue occurs. I'm connected via ethernet over cat6a. Can display internet speed tests if you want, I have decently fast internet, performing as normal.

Just now, W!LD said:

Also, forget to mention that if you still can't see it, watch boost pads (the yellow things) when I drive over them. They won't appear in the meter on the bottom right until way after I've driven over them.

With RL and other games which use cloud servers instead of physical ones, this will be harder to deal with. Its most likely server side being issue, in case you can't do anything but wait until it gets resolved. And game being under Epic rule, who knows how that will go.

Anyway, things to try. Reset router. Flush DNS (I don't remember how this is done by memory, but it fetches new IP for you). Try to switch preferred server from to somewhere you would get high ping and back to normal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

With RL and other games which use cloud servers instead of physical ones, this will be harder to deal with. Its most likely server side being issue, in case you can't do anything but wait until it gets resolved. And game being under Epic rule, who knows how that will go.

Anyway, things to try. Reset router. Flush DNS (I don't remember how this is done by memory, but it fetches new IP for you). Try to switch preferred server from to somewhere you would get high ping and back to normal.

Thanks a bunch. The RL servers are notoriously bad, and have been having trouble recently, but this issue has persisted over more than a year and two computers. I didn't know if it was a driver/setting issue or if it was my internet provider's, or RL's.