Rainbow Six Siege disappeared from Steam after crash?

TheBahrbarian

So I have been having tons of software related issues with Rainbow Six Siege ever since I have been playing it on my new desktop. AMDs Adrenaline software does not work with it (i.e. recording, replays, overlay, etc.). Anytime I try and open any overlay in game (steam, discord, adrenaline, etc.) it brings up the scoreboard, and it gets stuck there forcing me to use task manager mid game to close it and restart. It also makes Asus Aura close in the background, so when I play siege half of my RGB turns off. And just a few days ago I hit play on steam and Windows crashed as soon as it went to launch. That was the first time Windows had crashed for me so I took it as an anomaly, but today it happened again. And here is the real issue. After windows automatically restarted, the game had "uninstalled" itself from my library. The game shows up as not being installed and prompts me to reinstall it, even thought when I check in my Steam library's common folder all of the files are still there (the folder totals 76gb). 

My main question is if anyone knows how to get steam to re-recognize the game (short of just deleting the rainbow six folder and then installing it again), and also if anyone knows why I would be having so many issues with the game (I would at the very least like to avoid any future windows crashes).

18 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

My main question is if anyone knows how to get steam to re-recognize the game

Start the installation to the same folder. Steam will detect all the files in there, and if any are missing, it'll redownload them.

A girl who loves to love.

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Start the installation to the same folder. Steam will detect all the files in there, and if any are missing, it'll redownload them.

Alright thanks, I figured I could just do that. But any idea what might be causing the crashes? Windows gives me a System Thread Exception Not Handled error when it does crash.