gpu not at max capability

brynibobbi

I have been noticing a slight underperformance from my system and i have a screenshot of me playing gta online could someone please tell me what is holding my gtx 1070 back

Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce Strix Gtx 1070
CPU: i7 3770 3.9GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
SSD: Samsung 120 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Hard Drive
Case: EG MN25 Micro ATX Case
Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 COimage.thumb.png.58af97d4a6be0338a4a6af7dc6bb0e50.png

7 minutes ago, tomcar said:

The CPU and RAM being the bottleneck.

cpu is at 38%...

1 minute ago, tomcar said:

Do you have a powerful enough PSU?

well, i mean its the corsiar vs650 which is 80 plus but is that good enough?

The corsair VS series is not the best, its tier C...

Did you already try benchmarking the system and compare it to other similar systems?

2 minutes ago, tomcar said:

The corsair VS series is not the best, its tier C...

Did you already try benchmarking the system and compare it to other similar systems?

what is the best software to do this?

i'm assuming you dont have gta installed on the 120gb ssd , and with only 8gb of ram i wouldn't expect this machine to do that well.

i think you should be happy with 51fps considering the specs and age of the base system.

also , turn down the settings if you want it to run faster. if you're running that on all high i'll be quite disapointed.

1 minute ago, tomcar said:

(3dmark is king though)

its a popular choice but no benching software is a definitive answer to speed testing a machine

1 minute ago, emosun said:

i'm assuming you dont have gta installed on the 120gb ssd , and with only 8gb of ram i wouldn't expect this machine to do that well.

i think you should be happy with 51fps considering the specs and age of the base system.

also , turn down the settings if you want it to run faster. if you're running that on all high i'll be quite disapointed.

when running at low i get even lower fps my gpu only uses 20% and i have it installed on another 420gb ssd

1 minute ago, brynibobbi said:

when running at low i get even lower fps my gpu only uses 20% and i have it installed on another 420gb ssd

neither of those two things were mentioned. Is there anything else you have omitted from your op post so we don't suggest things that have no relevance.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

neither of those two things were mentioned. Is there anything else you have omitted from your op post so we don't suggest things that have no relevance.

i play higher settings to get more fps scene as my gpu uses low percentages when im playing at lower settings, this is what the issue is that im trying to solve.

why doesnt my gpu run at 100% and get me 60+ fps when not much is happening on screen only when being stressed is it going to higher percentages 

why are you looking at the % usage of the gpu? the % usage account for the amount of time the gpu is busy not how much of the gpu is being used.