Monitor Recommendations 144hz 1440p ~250-380 GBP

Hi everyone,

Been thinking of upgrading one of my two 24" Acer Predator 24 GN246HLBBID 144hz Monitor for a little while now. Now that i'm also thinking of upgrading my GPU (980TI EVGA ACX) I will  definitely need to upgrade my monitor as it only supports 144hz via DL-DVI and i play a lot of shooters and fast paced games where the extra Mhz is nice. Since i'm upgrading i'm looking for 1440p monitors as we are slowly moving away from 1080p and into 4k. 

I've looked at some cheaper option but seems they suffer alot of backlight bleed and stuck pixels on stuff like the iiyama's red eagle. 
Been keeping an eye on a new MSI OPTIX MAG272QR 27" which atm i can only find pre-order but no reviews on it at all but well priced at £270
Seen some other options from AOC and Acer higher up the price range. 

What recommendation do people have for 24-27inch 144hz 1440p monitors in the price range specified?

what GPU are you interested in upgrading to?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

what GPU are you interested in upgrading to?

Still undecided but its likely between RX5700XT or maybe a 2070, but it will more that likely be a 5700xt as they are so well priced. 

1 minute ago, Gus_Soul said:

Still undecided but its likely between RX5700XT or maybe a 2070, but it will more that likely be a 5700xt as they are so well priced. 

i've got two 1440p monitors and a 1080p monitor hooked up to my 2080.

i play everything on ultra but new AAA games without RTX is starting to hit the 120-150FPS range.

Having 3 monitors does take an extra toll on the card (not much since it's just used for discord but still noteworthy).

so depending on the refreshrate on your monitor and what settings you want to play on you might not get the full 144Hz.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

i've got two 1440p monitors and a 1080p monitor hooked up to my 2080.

i play everything on ultra but new AAA games without RTX is starting to hit the 120-150FPS range.

Having 3 monitors does take an extra toll on the card (not much since it's just used for discord but still noteworthy).

so depending on the refreshrate on your monitor and what settings you want to play on you might not get the full 144Hz.

I only plan to use 2 monitors as I only use my second monitor for web browsing so i'd only be running games on a single monitor at 1440p

I know some games would definitely fall short on the 140+fps maxed out but i normally play stuff on high settings for fast paces shooters. 
Only normally crank the settings on more cinematic/single player games or for campaigns and stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Gus_Soul said:

I only plan to use 2 monitors as I only use my second monitor for web browsing so i'd only be running games on a single monitor at 1440p

I know some games would definitely fall short on the 140+fps maxed out but i normally play stuff on high settings for fast paces shooters. 
Only normally crank the settings on more cinematic/single player games or for campaigns and stuff. 

okay. in normal esports titles the 2070 can easily take 200+ fps in many of them on 1440p.

Personally i don't see a good reason to get a 1440p monitor with 144Hz only to play the games on normal/high and less than 100 fps i'd suggest just keeping the 1080p monitors and put the settings to ultra and use the full potential of the 144Hz.

But maybe this one could be a good one if you do go with a 1440p

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-CQ27G1-DisplayPort-adjustable-Zero-Bright/dp/B07V39QHMY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1440p+144hz+monitor&qid=1580828154&refinements=p_89%3AAOC&sr=8-3

(mine says 100$ shipping since it's from amazon us and i'm in northern europe)

It's a VA panel and it's different from IPS panels so if possible check out some VA panels IRL first to see if the difference in panel is an issue for you.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

okay. in normal esports titles the 2070 can easily take 200+ fps in many of them on 1440p.

Personally i don't see a good reason to get a 1440p monitor with 144Hz only to play the games on normal/high and less than 100 fps i'd suggest just keeping the 1080p monitors and put the settings to ultra and use the full potential of the 144Hz.

But maybe this one could be a good one if you do go witha  1440p

Yeah i thought that too, the only issue with that is all new GPU's use Display port + HDMI and not DVI. 
My current mornitors can do 144hz over DL-DVI but no HDMI as that is capped at 60HZ and has horrible response times via HDMI. 

So even upgrading my GPU id be stuck at 60hz or buying a newer 1080p 144hz monitor.