Upgrading BIOS on ASUS VI Formula (Yes, you read that correctly)

Go to solution Solved by Levent,
Just now, log234 said:

So I take it your advice would be flashing the BIOS from USB.

Copy the BIOS file (not the zip, exe or any other known file) then update using your BIOS' own update tool inside the BIOS.

Hello,

I recently realised that my old desktop was still running BIOS version 1302, whereas the latest update is version 1603.

I promptly downloaded the latest update, including update utility and proceeded to attempt to install it.

A problem arose, however, when the update utility failed to detect that Intel Management Engine was installed. I suspect the current IME version is too new, and so it is not recognised by ASUS' update utility.

After looking around for solutions, I suspect that downgrading the IME installation might fix this issue.

But rather than jumping in head-first and potentially messing up my desktop, I figured I should come here and ask for advice.

Is downgrading IME my best option?

Does anyone have any experience doing so?
Do you have any advice on where I could look for information on what version to downgrade to?

Thank you for any replies!

Current specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS VI Formula
  • BIOS Version: 1302
  • IME version: 11.7.0.1057
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K

In programming there are only two really hard problems:
Naming things, cache invalidation and off-by-one errors.

Do not mess with anything. Bioses are usually paired to same exact Intel management engine version, meaning they usually don't get updated. You should ALWAYS use your BIOS to update, not software within operating system. Also if a ME update is necessary, it will be included in the update.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Do not mess with anything. Bioses are usually paired to same exact Intel management engine version, meaning they usually don't get updated. You should ALWAYS use your BIOS to update, not software within operating system. Also if a ME update is necessary, it will be included in the update.

Just now, log234 said:

Copy the BIOS file (not the zip, exe or any other known file) then update using your BIOS' own update tool inside the BIOS.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Thank you for the advice!