Skyrim? Skyrim.

Advent

So this game continues to amaze me after all these years. The modding community is still going strong. With things like ENB being continually perfected the sky is the limit. As some of you may know I recently finished building my rig and can now run Skyrim @ Ultra w/ ENB @ max settings. It's.... it's.... beautiful D:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152267788517915.1073741829.556132914&type=1&l=a7f7133b9f <- Small gallery of some shots I took last night.

Anyone else using ENB? I have yet to pull down all the mods I want to run along with ENB like W.A.T.E.R, High res vegetation/trees etc.

It looks even better in game, the screenshots loose a lot of the dynamic lighting because it moves!

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Had to re-install skyrim for the 400th time yesterday.. So incredibly sick of trying to mod it anymore..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I use Stakado Cinematic ENB. I just figured out that shift+enter opens the options for the ENB, and holy shit there are a ton of things to tweak. It's overwhelming, really. I haven't gotten it to look like the screenshots on Nexus, but it still looks better than usual. 

I'm using the Project Reality w/ Climates of Tamriel right now with the "Realistic" version. Might swap over to Fantasy or something else but so far I like this.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Had to re-install skyrim for the 400th time yesterday.. So incredibly sick of trying to mod it anymore..

Are you using BOSS and SKSE? Generally if you use those and you don't install something incorrectly it works fine. I've never had a CTD, ever, and I'm running over 50 mods right now and will be running ~150 when I am done.

Also you should make a folder in your /Skyrim folder and copy all of the original pre-mod files into it. So if something breaks you just delete the stuff in /Skyrim and copy over the initial install files. That's what I do!

PSU

Had to re-install skyrim for the 400th time yesterday.. So incredibly sick of trying to mod it anymore.

Create a base Skyrim with texture and other mods you always use and then save it! I've broken Skyrim so many times and creating a base Skyrim that I know is stable has saved me hours 

Are you using BOSS and SKSE? Generally if you use those and you don't install something incorrectly it works fine. I've never had a CTD, ever, and I'm running over 50 mods right now and will be running ~150 when I am done.

I am using SKSE. And all my mods have been installed with the nexus mod manager. Got random ctd's all the time. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I am using SKSE. And all my mods have been installed with the nexus mod manager. Got random ctd's all the time. 

Run BOSS and see if you have some incompatible mods. Also BOSS with tweak load order to prevent CTD.

PSU

Create a base Skyrim with texture and other mods you always use and then save it! I've broken Skyrim so many times and creating a base Skyrim that I know is stable has saved me hours 

And how would i do this?.

Finally found a mod yesterday that removed all stuttering completely. And the game worked perfectly. But after i had closed it down and tried to start it again i got constant CTD's right after the bethesda logo

Finally found a mod yesterday that removed all stuttering completely. And the game worked perfectly. But after i had closed it down and tried to start it again i got constant CTD's right after the bethesda logo

1.) Install Skyrim.

2.) Copy all files under your Skyrim folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Common\Skyrim or w/e the path is)(Should be where your game .exe is) and make a new folder and call it SkyrimBackup and paste the files there.

PSU

Literally copy everything from your Skyrim directory. When you need to replace Skyrim with the stable, base version, just delete the Skyrim directory and then copy and paste the stable one in. Job done

Literally copy everything from your Skyrim directory. When you need to replace Skyrim with the stable, base version, just delete the Skyrim directory and then copy and paste the stable one in. Job done

1.) Install Skyrim.

2.) Copy all files under your Skyrim folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Common\Skyrim or w/e the path is)(Should be where your game .exe is) and make a new folder and call it SkyrimBackup and paste the files there.

Going to do a clean re-install and start from scratch again then. Trying out BOSS too. 

The thing that annoys me most about all this is that i always lose all my progress when a mod fails.. The start of the game is so damn dull.

Any suggestions for good base graphics mods?. 

Going to do a clean re-install and start from scratch again then. Trying out BOSS too. 

The thing that annoys me most about all this is that i always lose all my progress when a mod fails.. The start of the game is so damn dull.

ENB + all the high res texture mods you can get your hands on. Also I suggest you make an initial save (new) without any mods on it and play on that. Make a second save with your mods on it.

PSU

I'd recommend backing up Vanilla Skyrim first, then start adding the mods for your base version, just in case something breaks. 

I personally put things like Static mesh improvement, 2k textures, flora overhaul, lush trees, dat grass, W.A.T.E.R, distant waterfalls, enhanced blood textures, UNP body (I also have custom skeletons that I had to create to get certain mods to work together, so I always have those), face and character mods, SkyUI, my ENB and a load of other stuff. 

There's too many to list, but to get results similar to the screenshot I posted, use the mods listed in the description here. I use a lot of the mods in that list, and a fair few others to make my game how I like it. 

ENB + all the high res texture mods you can get your hands on. Also I suggest you make an initial save (new) without any mods on it and play on that. Make a second save with your mods on it.

Like always. 

I'd recommend backing up Vanilla Skyrim first, then start adding the mods for your base version, just in case something breaks. 

I personally put things like Static mesh improvement, 2k textures, flora overhaul, lush trees, dat grass, W.A.T.E.R, distant waterfalls, enhanced blood textures, UNP body (I also have custom skeletons that I had to create to get certain mods to work together, so I always have those), face and character mods, SkyUI, my ENB and a load of other stuff. 

There's too many to list, but to get results similar to the screenshot I posted, use the mods listed in the description here. I use a lot of the mods in that list, and a fair few others to make my game how I like it. 

I've already got most of the stuff on that list.. Well.. Fingers crossed that BOSS helps me out then  ^_^

edit: And i hope i don't get the damn physics bug again.. About 1-2 minutes after i've started playing i just see all the animals launch into the air and then fall to their death..

Fingers crossed that BOSS helps me out then  ^_^

When you run BOSS it will open a webpage after it finishes. Read through all those pages. If you don't have any RED warnings then you are fine. If you have red warnings then address them or your game will CTD.

PSU

Everyone kept telling me how Skyrim is the best game ever but after 26 hours I just got bored. Not the game for me I guess.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Everyone kept telling me how Skyrim is the best game ever but after 26 hours I just got bored. Not the game for me I guess.

Vanilla or modded? Also do you play Sandbox RPGs?

PSU

I don't think the modding community is still "going strong"

there are WAY fewer ENB's out there these days, even fewer that are consistently updated (seriously how many spinoffs of Unreal Cinema ENB are there going to be)

skimpy armor mods are still flooding in more and more, but barely any (normal) armor mods that enhance the base game's variety (or lack of)

constant "ZOMGNEW" textures of stuff we already have HD textures for, instead of re-texturing what still hasn't been re-textured

**I have nothing against skimpy armor mods - it's your game, you can play it however you want; I have no place telling you how to play - but it's downright depressing how much of them are out and STILL coming out in comparision to "normal" armor mods

If you find it dull use the "live another life mod" thrusts you right into a game in a location that fits your backstory. Like if you choose monk you start at a church with no beginning quests

Using Tapatalk