I can't get 120hz on my Xbox with a 144hz monitor

avro17

So I recently bought a Xbox one s along with a Dell gaming monitor (https://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-27-gaming-monitor-s2716dg/apd/210-agjr/monitors-monitor-accessories?gacd=9614064-1014-5761040-0-0&dgc=st&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyKP96_m15wIVxZyzCh2eZgXjEAAYASAAEgJzp_D_BwE).

Apparently, the monitor only supports 60hz when used with HDMI. For anything over that (120, 144hz) it needs to be used with displayport. 

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

16 minutes ago, avro17 said:

So I recently bought a Xbox one s along with a Dell gaming monitor (https://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-27-gaming-monitor-s2716dg/apd/210-agjr/monitors-monitor-accessories?gacd=9614064-1014-5761040-0-0&dgc=st&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyKP96_m15wIVxZyzCh2eZgXjEAAYASAAEgJzp_D_BwE).

Apparently, the monitor only supports 60hz when used with HDMI. For anything over that (120, 144hz) it needs to be used with displayport. 

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Your best bet would be with an active adapter between your xbox and monitor, but im not even sure if that will work.

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, pierom_qwerty said:

Your best bet would be with an active adapter between your xbox and monitor, but im not even sure if that will work.

pretty sure his best bet would be a hdmi 2.1. adapters are expensive as f. 

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

OP said their monitor only supports up to 60Hz through HDMI. They need an HDMI to DP adapter.

ah it only supports hdmi1.4 so 75hz at 1140p. and 144 on 1080p. hdmi to dp adapters with high hz support tend to be expensive tho.